How do I get more elasticity in my hair?

sparkle25

So I don't think my hair has much elasticity.... If I keep my hair twisted it will be kind of almost straight when I take them out. I have major shrinkage, but that's different that's elasticity. I don't know how to explain it, but anyone got some tips on some ingredients that may help?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
http://www.philipkingsley.com/hair-treatments/philip-kingsley-elasticizer.html

or
http://www.amazon.com/Nexxus-Polyme..._sim_bt_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0SF6AGDFDQVWEKKX3MJ5

Both products have Hydrolyzed Elastin. Based on your other thread, I think you need moisture.

Are you following up your protein treatments with a moisturizing DC?

Have you considered getting a Komaza Hair Analysis to see what the trichologists have to say?

ezina

Grapeseed oil. It made my hair overly stretchy after a while, though, so I had to cut back on it.

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
Proper moisture protein balance. One product that helps me is AO GPB. How's your scalp doing? Are you getting enough water daily?

sparkle25

MileHighDiva thanks for reminding me, I need to get that analysis before I spend any more money. Haven't done a protein treatment since February. I was just wearing wigs and wearing cornrows since then. But when I do I always do a DC with no protein, DC is my favorite thing to do as its the only thing that's easy for me lol.

grownwomanaz I drink so much water. Like I'm just naturally thirsty and I drink a minimum of half a gallon a day lol. My hair does GROW really fast. That's probably why. My scalp is awesome according to my friend who is a professionals.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions..l forgot about the hair analysis that I need to get before I buy more products, but thanks for the suggestions and please keep them coming!!!

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
If you haven't done a protein treatment since February, you're probably due for one now. It's been three months.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
sparkle25 I remembered this time that you're protein sensitive. My hair lacks elasticity when it's low on moisture.

Did the protein help you? Protein usually reduces the elasticity in my hair. However, you hadn't done protein in a while so that too could have been your issue.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Cosigning on a proper moisture/protein balance and making sure any porosity issues are addressed.

I have high porosity hair so using products with a low pH is necessary for sealing in any moisture I put into my hair. And my SUPER fine strands need and love protein so since using Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner as a moisturizer and styler, my hair has soared to new levels!

But because it contains hydolyzed soy protein, it tends to be moisturizing as well as strengthening since it's milder protein than say, keratin.

HTH!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
sparkle25 I remembered this time that you're protein sensitive. My hair lacks elasticity when it's low on moisture.

Did the protein help you? Protein usually reduces the elasticity in my hair. However, you hadn't done protein in a while so that too could have been your issue.

Right divachyk! Protein is going to make your hair harder and less elastic. Moisture will give it elasticity.

krissyhair

Did anyone mention using collagen or ceramides? Those are the two things I immediately thought of when I read "elasticity" in the title?