How do I get my natural hair to do this?

cdixon

I recently cut my natural hair, and I got it straightened over the weekend and curled it up into a mohawk type of thing, I wanna know how do I get my hair to lay flat and look like this

Attachments

• short-nial.jpg
    short-nial.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 67

doriannc

I would just wrap it so it would be super flat, that's what I did when my hair was short.

bravenewgirl87

It depends on thie products you use. It is feasible but you are not going to get a "straight" look like her. It will be waves, think Zoot suit wearing black men from the renaissance.
While your hair is sopping layer on a super-thick conditioner (I like lustrasilk, some use Jessicurl WDT) to weigh down your curls. Plop it. Put your leave-in/ moisturizer in after. You then apply whatever gel/styler/pommade you use (I personally like Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue and Curls Soufflé). Ues a lot Detangle with your fingers. Take a rattail comb and make a deep part from the your forehead to the crown of the head. Take a denman brush and smoothe your curls in the direction you want the hair to lay down. Take a paddle brush and brush over curls to get them slick. Tie your hair down tightly with a silk scarf. When you wake, your hair should look close to that (depending on texture and length).

Good luck

cdixon

It depends on thie products you use. It is feasible but you are not going to get a "straight" look like her. It will be waves, think Zoot suit wearing black men from the renaissance.
While your hair is sopping layer on a super-thick conditioner (I like lustrasilk, some use Jessicurl WDT) to weigh down your curls. Plop it. Put your leave-in/ moisturizer in after. You then apply whatever gel/styler/pommade you use (I personally like Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue and Curls Soufflé). Ues a lot Detangle with your fingers. Take a rattail comb and make a deep part from the your forehead to the crown of the head. Take a denman brush and smoothe your curls in the direction you want the hair to lay down. Take a paddle brush and brush over curls to get them slick. Tie your hair down tightly with a silk scarf. When you wake, your hair should look close to that (depending on texture and length).

Good luck

Thanks, I should have mentioned that my hair was straightened over the weekend, so it should be easier, I hope! lol

KrystalClear

Good luck

I agree, I do this and it works great.