How do I kow it is God, and not my idea?

Zeal

I deleted my story as I thought I would think this one out on my own. But I will add it back. I am a praise dancer with no formal dance lessons excpet for praie dance class. I have been praise dancing for 2 years now.

Our lead once told us if there was a song that really moved us to let her know. So I did ... thinkingking it would be a group dance. However, she statedv-- that will be your solo. So I was thinking she was going to choreograph it, after all that is what she does. That's her gift.

She sent an email. Can you choreograph it? I told her that I would try. Last Saturday she told me to be ready to show her this Saturday. She said to just work on the firt 24 counts. Don't try to figure it all out at once. Well the part that I did work on has changed several times since last Saturday.

So I asked God to choreograph it. Then the next thin I know I was on on the American Sign Language web site. I will sign certain words as I am dancing. I was wondering if that was my idea. I just want to glorify God at my best. I don't want to entertain. But I do want to worship God in dance and do my best.

Last edited:

ceedeelight

Hi,

I think as long as it Glorifies God and not yourself, then it is okay. Maybe this is an area of trust that God is leading you in. Trust Him to give you the dance moves. God may give you something on Saturday and then His Spirit can fall on you on Sunday and change all the moves. Just remember, you can do all things through Christ, who strengthens you. I believe you should be prepared, however makes sure you are open to the Spirit and let him lead you.

Hope this helps,
DeeLight

Zeal

Hi,

I think as long as it Glorifies God and not yourself, then it is okay. Maybe this is an area of trust that God is leading you in. Trust Him to give you the dance moves. God may give you something on Saturday and then His Spirit can fall on you on Sunday and change all the moves. Just remember, you can do all things through Christ, who strengthens you. I believe you should be prepared, however makes sure you are open to the Spirit and let him lead you.

Hope this helps,
DeeLight

Thank you very much. I do not have to dance this Sunday. I do not know when I am doing the solo. I am sure it will be sometime after this Holy Season.

I am sure the spirit will move. I cry tears of joy when I hear the song. It is called, You've been a friend by Israel and New Breed.

I usualy get real hyped and excited when I have to dance. I have never danced by myself.