How Do I Transition From A Texturizer To Natural?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm so confused. My hair looks great wet, but dry it loos like crap! I'd like to transition from ny texlaxed hair to natural. I have no styling skills whatsoever. :( I still don't care. I need to be rid of this confused hair of mine! Help me, please! I have almost lost my mind! Is there a way to put my hair in braids or twists without them unraveling? My hair is still too short for a pony tail. What's a girl to do? :ohwell:

Mamacita

You could also try braided extensions, that way they won't unravel and will last appr. 2.5-3 months. I also have texlaxed hair and it's really annoying. I'm currently also transitioning, I wear the wash n go, I also get dominican blow outs. I got my last dominican blow out today, and it was torture b/c my hair is so multitextured and VERY tangled. I can't wait to be natural again. My hair is almost brastrap like 2in shy, but my hair is very tangled when wet that I'm just ready to chop it off. By the way, I getting braids this Friday.
Oh yeah you can do what Pooh Bear just did and her hair looks amazing.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I would also agree with the braid extensions. That way, you can take your mind off of it for a while, while it grows. I'm also styling challenged, I just happened to transition long enough to get a puff going. I'm thinking about getting braids myself for the summer.

DDTexlaxed

I don't have enough ng to b/c. I want to be able to have more ng to try to style in braids or twists. A q for u, what type of braids do u recommend? How often do u wash them?

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I usually get box braid w/extensions. I would rinse my scalp daily and wash the braids once a week making sure to dry throughly so they don't smell.

Mamacita

Natrlchallenge said:
I don't have enough ng to b/c. I want to be able to have more ng to try to style in braids or twists. A q for u, what type of braids do u recommend? How often do u wash them?

Well, if you last relaxed/texturized in Jan of 2005 you should definitely have enough hair to BC. But to answer your other question, it totally depends on what kind/size braids you like, I however WOULDN'T get very small micros, too much tension on the very small surface area of hair that's braided, you could also get cornrows. If you like small braids, you can get small-medium box braids with your hair of choice. As far as washing I think 1/week is sufficient.

DDTexlaxed

Mamacita said:
Well, if you last relaxed/texturized in Jan of 2005 you should definitely have enough hair to BC. But to answer your other question, it totally depends on what kind/size braids you like, I however WOULDN'T get very small micros, too much tension on the very small surface area of hair that's braided, you could also get cornrows. If you like small braids, you can get small-medium box braids with your hair of choice. As far as washing I think 1/week is sufficient.

I wish that was my last relaxer/texturizer! :lol: I've tried 3 corrective relaxers and none of them worked! The mtg is making my hair grow super thick, making relaxing more difficult and damaging to my hair. I was a bit intimidated by it at first, but now I'm more determined to make a transition to natural. I just didn't think it would be so hard to style my texlaxed hair. I'm trying to get all the knowledge on transitioning and style options. My new growth feels curly underneath and I'm unable to see my true texture yet. It's more difficult to tell where yr newgrowth starts w/ a texturizer. :( Anyone have experience with this? :ohwell: