How Do the Curls Stay So Long in HH wigs/half wigs/tracks?

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I have a new HH half-wig that I just loooooove. I haven't worn it yet but it's Outre Eva and I had to search high and low to find her because she's one of the only human hair half wiggies with a curl that I like in a longer length.

Anyway, I was just wondering how in the world do they get the curls to stay like that? I mean, I'm sure it's not REALLY 100% human Indian hair like they claim but still, how in the world could you hold a curl forever the way these half wigs/wigs do?? I'm trying to loosen some of her curls and it's not happening :nono:

Do you think they give the hair a curly perm like a jheri curl???? How could you possibly wash it like the directions say and still have a curl??? :look:

My Friend

Great question. I wish Chris Rock would have shown us what's really in HH. I'm sure they would not want that to air, because we would prolly stop using it.

glamazon386

They processed straight hair into whatever curl pattern they wanted. It's no different than buying a body wave hair or a wet n wavy hair on a weft. The hair has been processed to that curl pattern. Similar to like when white folks get curly perms. It will return to that pattern when you wet it. The only way to get rid of the pattern visually is to straighten the hair. As to whether it's real hair or not, probably a small percentage is. Most of it is synthetic filler or animal fibers.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Great question. I wish Chris Rock would have shown us what's really in HH. I'm sure they would not want that to air, because we would prolly stop using it.

Yeah, I would love to see the ENTIRE process of how hair is cut from the head and somehow put on tracks so perfectly. I mean, doesn't our hair break off if we don't moisturize it or if we put too much heat in it? We don't moisturize tracks and we definitely put heat in it :look:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
They processed straight hair into whatever curl pattern they wanted. It's no different than buying a body wave hair or a wet n wavy hair on a weft. The hair has been processed to that curl pattern. Similar to like when white folks get curly perms. It will return to that pattern when you wet it. The only way to get rid of the pattern visually is to straighten the hair. As to whether it's real hair or not, probably a small percentage is. Most of it is synthetic filler or animal fibers.

Thanks for the info. I agree and it's something to think about how when we get curly perms or jheri curls or whatever we have to use certain products to keep it looking nice. I agree with you, there's gotta be some kinda fillers in there because there is just entirely too much human hair available and I'm sure not that many women are donating their hair.

YankeeCandle

Thank you for this thread.

The prices alone for human hair tell me it's not even close to 100% HH.

I just bought several packs of a variety of hair from Hairsisters and the beauty supply, and some of these packs were only $10-12 each. They felt like they could have come from a human head, but I highly doubt they are more than a 1/3 human hair.

I guess there are no "truth in labeling" legal requirements.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Thank you for this thread.

The prices alone for human hair tell me it's not even close to 100% HH.

I just bought several packs of a variety of hair from Hairsisters and the beauty supply, and some of these packs were only $10-12 each. They felt like they could have come from a human head, but I highly doubt they are more than a 1/3 human hair.

I guess there are no "truth in labeling" legal requirements.

Yeah, the labeling issue is something to think about too and the price is another obvious clue. Also, how can there be so many packs of exactly the same texture, color and length?? I'm thinking though, the way they get wool from sheep and put it on spools may be the same process??? I feel silly not knowing how they even do that. But I'm gonna do some youtube searching when I get home tonight. Maybe I shouldn't dig too deep in it because I may not want to wear the halfsies anymore and this is the only PS that's working for me right now. :grin: