How do you all go to bed with a wet head?

Yesterday, I shampooed my hair after dinner, because I had a full day planned with other things to do. I knew that when I got started, it would be way past bedtime before my hair was dry. I decided not to use the hair dryer for the first time ever, and airdried for a few hours. I moisturized, sealed, twisted my hair in about 8 small sections. When I put on my satin scarf, my hair was still damp, especially at the scalp. I even put a towel on the pillowcase to keep it from absorbing the dampness. I have heard that some of you ladies go to bed with damp conditioner treatments and leave them in overnite. ??? So, I trusted that my hair would be dry by morning. My hair was still damp when I woke up, and I think I may have caught a head cold. What did I do wrong? :wallbash: Do any of you ladies practice going to bed with a wet head on a regular basis? I didn't feel too good about this experience...don't think I'll be doing that again soon!
I will not go to bed with a wet head. Everytime my hair is damp and I fall asleep I wake up with a sore throat, stuffy nose. I know germs cause colds but this has happened to me way too many times for that to apply to me. I don't even get cold symptoms often except for when I do this. It could possibly have something to do with sinuses and maybe that's why everyone dosen't experience this....that's my conclusion anyway, lol.

I personally can't do it. Each time I go to sleep with a wet head, I wake up and feel like someone hit me with a brick. I always eel a cold coming on. Soooo wet hair before sleep is not my cup of tea. It is true just by being wet does not make you geta cold, you have to be infcted with the virus. But many of us are exposed with the cold virus day to day by people we are in contact with. Wet hair leaves your pores open and leaves you more susceptible to lowering your immune system so the cold virus can affect you. I have to sit under the dryer for 30 min and then go to sleep
LOL, me too! I always have a scratchy throat and the worst headache! I'm never the same as before I went to sleep:lachen:.

I do it all the time and at this point I'm used to it. Although I have to admit it did take me a while to get used to it.

I try not to wash my hair at night, I like to do it in the morning. But when I do, I seal it with oil and put it up in a ponytail, then I'll braid the ponytail. I'll usually put something on the pillow so it won't get soaked. In the morning my hair is still wet, but I just brush it back, slap some gel and I'm out the door.

LOL, me too! I always have a scratchy throat and the worst headache! I'm never the same as before I went to sleep:lachen:.

The same here! Especially in the winter, not so much in the summer. I can't really do wash n' go's when it gets really cold because I get sick as hell. I know that germs give you colds, but damn I don't know why I still get sick anyway.

I go to bed with my head soaking in conditioner all of the time. I wear a showercap underneath of my usual scarf, and roll on. If I'm trying to airdry my hair overnight, it's usually in braids, and I'll just wear my scarf, and lay a towel over my pillow.

:lol: And wet hair doesn't give you colds, germs do. :look:

Same here. I seem only to be able to find some alone time to take a shower at night after the kids go to bed so my hair is usually wet or still damp by the time I hit the sack. I get the best smooth results when I scarf it down. Otherwise I may wake up with a lumpy, bumpy hairdo. :blush: And BTW it doesn't make me sick either.:grin:

I do it often just loosely bun it and go to sleep with a bonnet on. I don't have any problems from it. What it sounds like you guys are explaining is your sinuses draining. A cold is not just any regular germ its a virus. I think the temperture you probably go through at night with you hair wet is causing your sinuses to drain giving you headaches and snot running down your throat(tmi lol).

I've been going to bed with a wet head for 10+ years and I've yet to get a cold from it.

I've also gone out to stand at the bus stop in Chicago in January and not gotten sick.

I usually just put a double folded towel and go to bed. If it's for a treatment I'll put a plastic cap on with a scarf over it though. But it dries better if it's just out or in my turbie twistie towel.

i can't do it. i've learned for a fact that if i go to sleep with wet or even damp hair that my hair will mat together and become tangled. I don't even bother washing if i know i dont have enough time to air dry

I usually let my hair dry 90% loose then twist it in four sections w/ a leave-in put my satin scarf on which is a breatheable one and by morning its always dry.

Back