How do you maintain rollersets?

lennet93

Hey ladies

How do you all maintain your rollersets? My curls came out so nice my last rollerset but I wrap my hair at night so of course the curls were gone in the morning. Do you ladies pin curl at night or use satin rollers? Whats your technique for keeping your curls curly? Thanks

TrendySocialite

I use Satin Rollers if I want to maintain it's curliness. If I'm wrapping it I sometime section out the top and put rollers in it for added curl, body.

Or you can roll your hair at night and first thing in the AM wrap it while you're getting dressed. I've done that too. That way you still have quite a bit of curl, but you also have some wrap around and swang too.

HTH

LostInAdream

I pin curl and it looks just as good as when I rollerset:grin: The more you do the more curls and fuller for me anyway. HTH

MizzBrown

I dont know how to pincurl so i put the rollers right back in my hair at night.

I'm accustomed to sleeping on rollers. Had to learn to do it a long time ago to avoid getting up and putting the curling iron to my hair daily.

sqzbly1908

I dont know how to pincurl so i put the rollers right back in my hair at night.

I'm accustomed to sleeping on rollers. Had to learn to do it a long time ago to avoid getting up and putting the curling iron to my hair daily.

Which rollers do you sleep in?

I pin curl

It took practice but when I want to actually wear it curly I carefully wrap the curls around my finger as if its a curling iron, paying attention to the way the curl faces near the scalp so it will lay properly in the morning. Then in the morning I take out the pincurls starting in the back. and then do what you need to so that the scalp won't show too much.

HTH

*Frisky*

Pin curl or use one or two rollers high up in a loose ponytail and pin them down. I still have plenty of curls the next day.

TrendySocialite

Can't pin curl to save my life. I tried. It looked like a chicken had been pecking in my head all night...LOL

Wish I could pin curl, but I stick to satin rollers or wrapping

Kurly K

i spray with oil then wrap and when i unwrap in the morning it just recurls it self with an hour ...when it was longer i would alternate doing that with putting it in a loose ponytail and just putting my bonnet on

tbaby_8

I just wrap my hair. I am still trying to learn how to pin curl my hair properly so it will look nice when I take it down.

lennet93

I must be doing something wrong because when I pin curl, I wake up with the curls flat as I don't know what. I know I can't sleep in rollers. I guess I have to practice my pin curling.

Everything Zen

I haven't tried pin curling yet but I use Caruso steam rollers in the am and they do a great job! Besides- I like the looser messy curls as opposed to the perfect Shirley Temple coils.

I used to be too stupid to actually play with them and work them into a style because of all the work it took to rollerset them so I would walk around like Suzie Curly Q for the first day :blush:

Dommo

i don't wrap my hair...i just place my silk scarf on...I put my hair in a pony tail so the edges are smoothed and there are no pieces that can get caught in the scarf and tie the scarf on and remove the ponytail holder....My curls last without rollers...

MizzBrown

Which rollers do you sleep in?

The hard plastic snap-on rollers that i use for rollersetting. I can still fall asleep.

Last night i washed my hair, did a rollerset and when I got done under the dryer, I put on my hair scarf OVER the rollers and went to bed. Dont even bother taking them out.

No other rollers hold a curl as well as my snap-ons. And i like to keep a curly set for a couple days instead of taking rollers out and wrapping.

Hair is too thick to wrap well and its a lot of manipulation when i get so many weeks post.

I love the flat wrap look, but I think the majority of LCHF ladies pincurl.

Hey ladies

How do you all maintain your rollersets? My curls came out so nice my last rollerset but I wrap my hair at night so of course the curls were gone in the morning. Do you ladies pin curl at night or use satin rollers? Whats your technique for keeping your curls curly? Thanks

MizAvalon

I wish I could figure out a way, I would rollerset more often if I could get my curls to last past 2 days.:ohwell:

hillytmj

I use a light setting lotion mixture (1 part setting lotion to three parts water) and this helps hold the curl better than water alone. To maintain the curls, I put my hair in a high, loose ponytail (like I Dream of Jeannie) and add two or three rollers to the ends. My hair is layered so when I take it down, the curls are still there and my hair still has body because it was in the ponytail rather than wrapped.

TLC1020

So many ladies pin curl and I can't do that to save my life :nono: I hate to take the rollers out b/c I know it's not gonna look the same in the morning :nono:. I just take the rollers out put on a satin cap and sleep in it and wake up and fluff the curls out :ohwell:. I usually wash my hair on Sundays for the work week so my curls will be lasting the whole week from Monday to Friday :yep:. I love rollersets now :grin::grin:

fobaker

I wrap the first night after a rollerset. The next night I part big sections and put rollers and wrap in the morning.

ajoyfuljoy

Can't pin curl to save my life. I tried. It looked like a chicken had been pecking in my head all night...LOL

Wish I could pin curl, but I stick to satin rollers or wrapping

First time I pincurled it looked a hot mess! But I kept trying and now my pin curls come out like I curled my hair with a curling iron.

Keep trying. Practice makes perfect! If you don't like it, make an updo and try again the next night.

Butterfly08

Marie170,lol at your siggy! :lachen:

I usually form one big curl under and then pop my satin cap on top. Lately I've experimented with loose bantu knots and that came out great (as opposed to pin curls). Sleeping in a ponytail or french is also great for smoothing out the sides while maintaining the curls on the end.