How do you maintain that just washed and pressed bounce after wash day?

brittle_hair

Does anyone know how you maintain the freshly washed and blow-dried thick bouncy hair you have after day 1 of washing your hair and flat ironing it? If i had hair like I did today everyday of my life I would love it!

I deep conditioned it over night with tresemme scalp and hair renewal and then rinsed it out, blow dried and flat ironed it this morning and it was bouncy and fluffy all day, but I know once I go to sleep it will be all over.

Rollersetting doesnt really help because the rollers give me curls which with my current feathered bob would end up looking grannified then i would have to press it out (don't want to use the same amount of heat again - only happy to do that level of heat once a week after a blow-dry.

Wrapping only ever works well on one side of my head.

Evolving78

Sleep pretty? lol pin curls or cross wrapping and not using products that will weight it down. But I say sleep pretty!

Evolving78

Don't not start to wrap at the top. Start on the side you are taking around and make sure you smooth. Lay your scarf going forward on top of your head and tie it going toward instead of tying it going backwards. That helped me a lot.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I cross wrap with 2 conair sectioning clips. And I don't add any products to my hairfor the first few days. I am 10 days post blowout and I have only moisturized twice.

brittle_hair

I cross wrap with 2 conair sectioning clips. And I don't add any products to my hairfor the first few days. I am 10 days post blowout and I have only moisturized twice.

I agree not moisturising after a blowdry and press creates so much bounce that you just don't get when its deeply moisturised, i gave in and moisturised and wrapped last night there were no kinks, but it wasn't as bouncy and fluffy.

I'm going to need to watch some cross wrap videos and get ready to make it last after the next wash.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Cross wrapping is easier than you think. Just detangle and comb your hair going back like you are doing a ponytail. Then split it in 2 sections:left and right. Pin the left side on the right side of your head with bobby pins or clamps. Then pin the right half on the left side.