How do you maintain the color in color-treated hair?

tal

I have a black rinse in relaxed hair. I am trying to conserve this color as long as possible before it's time for my next touch up. I have noticed that even putting activator jel in my hair to smooth it for a bun, impacts the color. Or, perhaps it could be from the actual smoothing process itself.

This kind of forces me to minimize my conditioner and regular washes, because I'm washing/rinsing the color right out! Unfortunately, it's also impacting my ability to do pre-shampoo and deep conditioning treatments, which I so desperately need.

I'm covering up gray, so you can see my point, especially if the new growth is not noticeable yet, but the gray is beginning to shine through. It's not new gray either, it's the old gray peeking through. I feel comfortable that the color job was done correctly.

Also, I've tried to use black eye brow pencil to go over it, but wanted to know if there's another professional product that can be used to cover up the individual pieces of gray hair?

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

Carlie

Here is a great article from HairBoutique: Hair Color That Lasts

They mention an interesting tip of avoiding the use of hot water to wash/rinse hair and also washing the hair less frequently....even talks about the products and styling tools to avoid in order to maintain color the longest. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

tal

<font color="blue"> </font>
Carlie,

Thank you for the excellent article. It looks like I will have to invest in some products for color treated hair. Also, I would have never thought about the cool/cold water deal.

I hope some others can share some of the products that they use to maintain the color of their hair.

Thanks again and take care.

Carlie

Your welcome tal! Hopefully, some of the color gurus here will give you some pointers. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

Someone mention an article or product that reduces the brassiness of color. Please help me, I can't find it.