How do you organize ALL your hair products???

blackberry815

I have alot of products thanks to my hair Journey and PJisms my bathroom is filled with stuff and I have a small apartment. Right now my dresser top, Under the bathroom sink, and the ledge of the bathroom window holds all my products. Tell me how you organize all your stuff. Any tips? Pics? etc. Any organizing tips would be welcomed.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
LOL I only got organized AFTER the PJism subsided. At one time I had products in the bathroom in the cabinets and on the counter. In my bedroom on the dresser, in a storage bin, in shoeboxes keeping my heels and sneakers company. SMH It was bad, but I've calm down a lot, and now my products are in the bathroom and my room on only one shelf. :yep:

Tagging Professional PJs for Updates: IDareT'sHair tiffers empressri Coffee

Renewed1

I bought something similar to this at the dollar store. I have a separate one for each product - conditioners, shampoos, deep conditioners, oils, etc etc.

Coffee

I have 2 large 3 shelf cabinets, they are about 6 feet tall. All of my products are organized by poo's, condish, DC, oils etc.

JJamiah

I keep them in boxes and on my shelves in my linen closet.

I don't have any real order I just think about what I want to use and then go get it. I like the ideas listed above. Good thread OP.

greenandchic

Shampoos and conditioners - are in the shower

Leave in, gels, stylers, protein, oils and butters - go in the bathroom cabinet (separate from the medicine cabinet.)

Henna and other Ayurvedic herbs - go in a container that's stored in an armoire.

Extra products waiting to be used - are in a small teak chest in the armoire.

Plastic caps, box of gloves, salon coil - and other supplies are in a closet.

I still need to better organize my space.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Trying to find a pic, but can't. I bought a small cabinet from target. It's about 3' high & maybe 24" wide, maybe 10"-12" deep. At first I had it in a corner in my bedroom, then I moved it into a small closet where I keep my coats. Holds a lot of stuff, but does not take up a lot of space.

naturalagain2

I have a closet that has shelves. My products are in groups. I group all similar products together - I group shampoo, conditioner, deep conditoners, leave-in conditioners, oils, curl defining products, gels, butters, pomades, in their own particular group. Then I keep all my rollersetting/straightening/heat protectors products in a group by itself.

SimJam

mine are in a shoe rack that hangs over my bathroom door. you know those cheep plastic ones. gets the products up and off valuable floor and cupboard space. though with the 20+ products I just bought on BF I'll have to buy another on and hang on some other door LOL

when i get home I'll take a pic

Evolving78

i got the three and four drawer storage containers and my rollers/flexi rods are in a bag. i got my daily toiletries on my dresser as well as my nail care stuff.

prettybyrd

mine are in a shoe rack that hangs over my bathroom door. you know those cheep plastic ones. gets the products up and off valuable floor and cupboard space. though with the 20+ products I just bought on BF I'll have to buy another on and hang on some other door LOL

I never would've thought to do that! Clever. :)

LivingDoll

Trying to find a pic, but can't. I bought a small cabinet from target. It's about 3' high & maybe 24" wide, maybe 10"-12" deep. At first I had it in a corner in my bedroom, then I moved it into a small closet where I keep my coats. Holds a lot of stuff, but does not take up a lot of space.

This sounds exactly like what I was looking for in Walmart last night. If you don't mind saying, how much was it? Did you have to assemble it? Is it wood?

lesedi

All is well with me
No order whatsoever. It's all in the cupboard under the bathroom sink:lachen:
I always say that I should tidy it all up but my days off have been so rare lately and I'm not spending them sorting out my products when I could be having a mojito somewhere nice:grin:

PJaye

All of my current “in-use” products are stocked in the bathroom closet, and each shelf is dedicated to a particular type of product (i.e., conditioners, shampoos, moisturizers, oil blends, etc.

However, I keep certain shampoos, cleansing conditioners and protein treatments, along with some porosity control and a Magic Star Jumbo Rake, arranged in a shower caddy and on shelves in the bathing area so that they are within arms reach while I am sopping wet.

The vast majority of my products, appliances and necessities are either stored in a refrigerator drawer or in an armoire in the living room.

Lita

I have pretty baskets/each size with different products in them...

Happy Hair Growing!

empressri

I have a closet....let me find the picture...the rest is on shoe racks that SO built for me in my closet :look: hehee.

AND...in one rolley bin and a few stackable ones.

Attachments

• 41240_1431804430817_1104078444_31115373_3601116_n.jpg
    41240_1431804430817_1104078444_31115373_3601116_n.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 119

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
hey @empressri are you still using that moptop gel? I came across your youtube vid on it a while back and keep meaning to ask you lol. How much did it cost you?

ETA: My post was crazy random lol seeing your stash made me think of the gel.

Sorry, OP. Didn't mean to hijack your thread!

To answer the question, I just organized mine last night lol. It was a HOT mess, no real rhyme or reason to it. Whatever I don't use in the shower is kept under my sink. I just made it look a little less crazy lol.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I installed a Shelving Unit in my 2 1/2 Garage. I have a wall of Shelves. I have them lined up:

Jars
Bottles
Tubes

All Like/Similar Items are Grouped together. DC'er Moisture & Proteins, Cleansing Conditioners, Reconstructors, Daily Moisturizers, Oils etc....

Clarifying, Chelating, Neutralizing Shampoos & Relaxing Supplies in another Area

Only "In Use" Products are allowed inside and I keep them in the Master Bathroom Closet.

empressri

You'd be a fool to get rid of that SO!!!!!!:yep:

haha!! not for all the tea in china and chocolate in teuscher would I get rid of him!!

hey @empressri are you still using that moptop gel? I came across your youtube vid on it a while back and keep meaning to ask you lol. How much did it cost you?

ETA: My post was crazy random lol seeing your stash made me think of the gel.

hehe well i bought the liter and it was on sale so it was less than $40. yeah i use it in the colder weather cause of the glycerin.

You can open a small beauty supply store!

hehe! it's more like an ark, just about two of everything

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
LivingDoll - it's that pressboard wood. They had it in white, chestnut, maybe cherry color. I think it was listed at Walmart to. It may have been closet maid.
Think it costs about $30 on sale. My SO assembled it, but I don't think it would be hard to do yourself

blackberry815

All of my current “in-use” products are stocked in the bathroom closet, and each shelf is dedicated to a particular type of product (i.e., conditioners, shampoos, moisturizers, oil blends, etc.

However, I keep certain shampoos, cleansing conditioners and protein treatments, along with some porosity control and a Magic Star Jumbo Rake, arranged in a shower caddy and on shelves in the bathing area so that they are within arms reach while I am sopping wet.

The vast majority of my products, appliances and necessities are either stored in a refrigerator drawer or in an armoire in the living room.

PJaye Hmmm... Refrigerator huh? Thats a space i haven't maximized yet... What exactly do u put in there? What other benefits would u get from putting products in the fridge?

blackberry815

SimJam Oooh this is a great idea. I neva thought about this. I could put it over my bathroom door... ( wait... That might not be classy? Maybe my closet door...) can u fit conditioners in there?

candy626

I keep hair, skin, and nail products in my bathroom and in a medium sized 3-draw plastic storage bin. I have made a commitment to get rid of products that I'm not using, so that way when my bathroom or storage bin drawers get too full I get rid of stuff.

choctaw

kitchen: black strap molasses, honey, Braggs amino acids, glass bowl (henna), cheap beer, mason jars, hand blender
freezer shelf: henna
refrigerator: aloe vera juice, yogurt, ayurvedic tea, Realemon juice
guest bathroom cabinet: ayurvedic powders, herbs, oils, plastic conditioning caps, funnels, measuring spoons, shampoo bars, applicator bottles
master bath cabinet: gels, curl activators, leave-ins
master bath vanity counter: distilled water in spray bottle; rose water, castor oil, conditioner in spray bottle; denman brush; shower comb; current gel or leave-in conditioner
master bath vanity drawer: large afro pick, styling combs, scarf
master bath toilet shelf: flat tray with 3 applicator bottles (oil)
master bath shower bench: conditioner (1 protein, 1 moisture); shampoo; acv; 64 oz plastic jug for acv/ayurvedic tea/beer rinse; shower comb; modified denman brush
master bath closet shelf: shampoos, conditioners, 3 jars of current oils, turbie twists, microfiber towel

wheezy807

When i had my old apartment there was a linen closet inside the bathroom so i used it to store all my products. One time i had my cousin over and i showed her where my products were. Well she went home and told my aunt so shortly after that my aunt wanted to visit me. Long story short she went shopping in my bathroom which i didn't appreciate.

But now since i'm living with someone i just put all of my products in my armoire. I have to think of a new storage solution myself once i move out this summer. I have used the big plastic drawer thingys but after a while they lose shape from the heaviness of the products.

Last edited: