How Do You Refresh Your Wash N Go?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
So I've finally figured out a way to get multi day wash goes. unfortunately this leads to some parts of my hair to get too stretched or too frizzy. so as a refresher i would spray a curl refresher on the frizzy parts (mostly crown) and some nape curls in the back. I thought this would be considered "refreshing."

So I was curious as to what other naturals (especially with longer hair than me) do to refresh their hair.

I found many refreshing videos on youtube but they all had numerous steps and reapplying layers of product. I'm just thinking this just looks like doing a wash n go with out getting in the shower. Is this how one properly refreshes hair?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I run moisturizer down my strands after I take my ponytails down.

I also spritz a little, shake and let the steam do its thing.

After 3 or 4 days there are sections that are stretched a lot and no matter what do not curl back up. My front area where the Curl is loose compared to the other tighter sections.

GGsKin

Most days I do nothing but remove my scarf and shake/ shape. Like Stephanie, I also 'refresh' just with the steam in the shower. I won't touch my hair or add more product on these days. Otherwise, I saturate sections (or my whole head) with water and reapply gel. Spritzing doesn't put enough moisture back into my hair to last a sufficient amount of time.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I use my shea butter mixture and in two ponytail I twist one section. It's rare that i have to spray anything wet on my hair to refresh my curls

I do this also when i want to break the cast

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
So I've finally figured out a way to get multi day wash goes. unfortunately this leads to some parts of my hair to get too stretched or too frizzy. so as a refresher i would spray a curl refresher on the frizzy parts (mostly crown) and some nape curls in the back. I thought this would be considered "refreshing."

So I was curious as to what other naturals (especially with longer hair than me) do to refresh their hair.

I found many refreshing videos on youtube but they all had numerous steps and reapplying layers of product. I'm just thinking this just looks like doing a wash n go with out getting in the shower. Is this how one properly refreshes hair?
Water from a water bottle

bhndbrwneyes

I have yet to find a good routine for refreshing my WnG's. I wear WnG's daily so that means I'm co-washing, detangling and manipulating my hair daily. That's a lot of product used each week and I can see and feel the effects of the manipulation. I've tried pineappling at night on both wet and dry hair. When I do it on dry hair, the curls flatten and the hair looses a lot of moisture at night (even with a satin scarf/bonnet). If I pineapple with damp or wet hair then the hair on my crown becomes pretty tangled and the hair is frizzy the next day.

I just haven't had success at all. I'm going to watch this board if anyone has any advice. My hair details in sig.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I have had moderate success with two strategies:

1. Divide hair into four sections. Place sections into four ponytail/puffs using scrunchies. Cover with bonnet and sleep. In the morning, remove bonnet and allow shower steam to penetrate hair. Remove scrunchies and shape.

2. Dampen hair at night -- with enough moisture to ensure hair is still a little damp in the morning. Place hair into 4-6 large bantu knots. Throw plastic cap over head. Cover with silk scarf. In the morning after showering, take everything off and take down the bantu knots. Reapply gel as needed. Shape hair. Use diffuser to dry hair if desired, but typically just let air dry since hair is only damp.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I have to water my hair at least twice a week to remove the sheds, but shower steam helps. I also wet my hands and pull the coils where I need them to go.

faithVA

This is a helpful thread. I tried to refresh last weekend and it was a no go.

Even with shower steam there is no shaking my hair. I will try the spray bottle next

Keep the suggestions coming ladies. We need your help. tia