How do you request without offense

katie

I am scheduled for a touchup next saturday.There are 3 ladies who work in the salon.Two are great at relaxing and have nice hair.The other one has super damaged hair.My sister just had her touchup with that lady for the first time and she was soo not pleased.I don't know how to say to them that i want either of the other two but NOT that lady without offending her.
I have worked too hard to achieve healthy hair for her to mess it up.

Should I have said when I called for the appointment?Is it too late to say when I actually get there?

Thanks in advance ladies.

Ummmm just tell her...

Its your money and your hair... Shouldn't u be satisfied with your service?

Dont ever bite your tongue esp. if your paying.. They will always see a fool coming

She put herself in that position by messing up your sister's hair?
Don't worry about her feelings, worry about your own hair!

Call ahead and find out the names of the other two stylists and request
one of them, saying that they were both recommended and the other wasn't!

I had this problem when I used to go to a "mixed" salon. I always requested the
sweet Mexican girl to do my hair because she LISTENED to me and didn't assume
that she knew everything about Black hair already. The Black stylists always
acted "offended" and had such an attitude. They had their chance at my hair
and messed it up!!!

Yes I agree with all of the ladies. Do what they say.
smile.gif

If she is offended...oh well. You have come too far to let that effect you.

The first time I went to a new salon, I didn't speak up like I should have and had one tooo many hairs in that fine tooth comb. I learned my lesson!

Last week I went to the same salon and because I needed a touch up, the lady felt that my hair was too hard (I told her to add more Salerm...it was mine so should could have used a lot) so she decided to take out this WIG BRUSH! I was like NO NO NO !!! Don't use that in my hair!...of course that led to the Spanish being spoken but I didn't care...right in the middle of her speaking...I simply said..."I DON"T USE A BRUSH IN MY HAIR and THATS THAT...THANK YOU!"...she rolled with that fine tooth comb with no problem.

All was well and I saved my hair!

Katie, you sound so much like me.
laugh.gif
I hate to offend and so can walk right into trouble knowing full well what I'm doing but just so that I avoid hurting feelings.
nuts.gif
Which is why I have learned to find subtle ways to deal with that: I turn the "negative" I wanna say/do into a "positive". Like someone else suggested, find out the names of the stylists. Then call and ask to speak to one of the good ones (Do Eenie Meenie... if you can't decide between the two) and then tell HER (the good one you speak to) that you have heard such good things about her and that you INSIST that SHE be the one to do your hair. Since I imagine (like me) you wouldn't wanna say straight up that #3 sucks at doing hair (although you and I really do need to grow some balls and learn to speak our minds
laugh.gif
) Then just tell her that you really want no one else but her to do your hair coz you heard good stuff (from your sis who witnessed her talent from the sidelines during her visit -- if she asks your source). Tell her you are so serious you will reschedule your appointment if you have to, so SHE can be the one to do your hair. She'll probably be so honored that she'll not want to share you with anyone else.
wink.gif
And then if you like her work, you can always ask for her. No one will take offense thereafter if you do. Coz humans are just finicky like that when it comes to getting service; we like consistency, especially if the service we got last time was A1.

It's interesting that the one with bad hair is the worst at doing hair there. You'd think the one with bad hair would be the good one coz you'd assume she does the hairs of those with good-looking hair. Hmmm...I guess not

Back