How do you Texlax??

Multiple Choices Allowed:How do you texlax?

• Apply CONDITIONER w/ relaxer & leave on just a couple minutes

Votes: 42 19.4%
  • Apply OIL to new growth/then relaxer for just a couple minutes

Votes: 31 14.3%
  • Just leave relaxer on for a couple minutes only

Votes: 67 30.9%
  • I use Phyto Specific to texlax

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • I haven't found texlaxing to be successful for me/Never tried it

Votes: 81 37.3%

• Total voters

prospurr4

^^^ Me, too!

Bumping...

:bump:

Also, how long in between texlaxers do you wait? 6 weeks? 8 weeks? 10 weeks? 12 weeks? Or when you have a certain number of inches?

I touchup my texlax 4 times a year (13/14 weeks post). There is no way I could stretch my straight-haired relaxer this long, but texlaxing really helps with blending the two textures so I don't look crazy during those latter weeks.

anniev2

Was natural for 1.5 yrs.Went to a stylist and let her "texlax".The result was frizz frizz and more frizz.She said she used mizani mild. iI based my scalp lightly since it was a virgin texlax. She Put it in Combed it with a fine tooth comb while i was processing and left it in half the time. I went back 12 weeks later and she slapped perm half way up the shaft of my hair. So now im perm laxed. Long story short do it your self.

The Texlaxing sounds like a very good option, however only a few people complained of frizz in this thread while I have heard that frizz is a big headache for texlaxed heads. So....is frizz really a problem or is that all hearsay? Or does the frizz depend on how your hair was before you started texlaxing.

Also, does anyone have some pictures of wet texlax hair? If so, please post and also include your hair type in the post.

:morepics:

bumping for more responses

sonia1965

I'm currently natural with tight...I mean tight...4a coilies. However I find it stressful on my hair when I try to use protective styles. Yesterday I considered relaxing, but having read this very informative tread, texlaxing is definately the way to go for me!!

Thanks Ladies!!:drunk:

Melissa-jane

My hair is extremely resistant to relaxers so while I leave it on pretty long (20 minutes), I use a regular formula which does not straighten my hair. I have used conditioner to protect the already relaxed hair, but its difficult to keep the conditioner from getting on any parts of my roots and interfering with the relaxer so I don't do this very often.

Same here, a normal relax especially without smoothing gets me texlaxed without a problem weak relaxer are "water off a ducks back" to my hair.:lachen:

dachsies_rule!

Same here, a normal relax especially without smoothing gets me texlaxed without a problem weak relaxer are "water off a ducks back" to my hair.:lachen:

I know what you mean. My hair LAUGHS :rofl:at weak perms! I spray pure silk amino acids on my hair before i get a relaxer. In another thread someone said that it keeps the relaxer from taking completely...so i have been texlaxing w/o trying.

Melissa-jane

i am going to start using photospecfic 2 and my hair loves silk amino acids so I will use it to make sure i stay texlaxed.

brucebettye

When I texlax I apply oil or conditioner or both to the relaxer and leave on for about 10 minutes. I also put vasoline or hair grease on my previously texlaxed hair (you can never be too careful).

prospurr4

Also, does anyone have some pictures of wet texlax hair? If so, please post and also include your hair type in the post.

Here's a wet-hair pic. My hair type is 4b/c:

glamchick84

next time i will apply oils to weaken the relaxer and maybe try a mild relaxer. is it okay to switch brands? i'm using ors no-lye but will like to try something different! any suggestions?

ImaBoss

great thread, I would love to do something to this hair I have on my head, Im just afraid to it myself, and I don't have a regular stylist. So my hair is shoulder length, no relaxer in about 16 mnths, there is still about 1in-1in 1/2 of relaxed hair on the ends, you can definitely see the line of decmarc when I blowdry and straighten, and when its wet because everything is shrunk up to my head except those few inches which remain straight. If i tex-lax am I putting the relaxing on all the virgin hair or just the roots of the virgin hair?

taz007

^^ What do you mean by "can't texlax"? Do you mean that the hair will not have the springy curls?

This has me curious ....

LilHoneyLok

^^ This is something I'd love to know as well, I've been doing a lot of research and this is the first time I've come across that statement o_O lol not trying to throw shade I just want to be aware of all the information pros/cons since I plan on texlaxing for the first time in the near future. Oh and BUMP :D