How do you tie down your hair under a wig??

MsLauren

I have hair a little longer than shoulder length and I suck at braiding so it's really hard for me to lay down my hair smooth enough to wear wigs without seeing lumps. Any suggestions???

TIA

kila82

MsLauren said:
I have hair a little longer than shoulder length and I suck at braiding so it's really hard for me to lay down my hair smooth enough to wear wigs without seeing lumps. Any suggestions???

TIA

I don't wear wigs however I can't braid either lol so I would prolly wrap my hair and put a wig cap on it and bobby pin the wig cap to my wrapped hair. Then put the wig on

AlwaysNatural

I suffer the same dilemma. However i can french braid hair in two when its straight with oil then wear the cap for either overnight or 5 mins before putting on wig, bobby pinning the ends on opposite sides.

Last edited:

cyrealla

i have the same problem, couldnt be bothered with the dreadful attempts at cornrowing, so i settled with curly wigs

Last edited:

MsLauren

I have this short wig and its so nice but whenever I put it on I have this hump in the back!!! :wallbash:
Anyone else have any suggestions??

hair4romheaven

Go to a weave stylist you trust & have her braid your hair as if you were getting an install. Wear satin cap or durag then wig it for a few mnths with ease.