How do you treat your dry scalp

krissynick

I hate when i part my hair and i see the white flakes.. its not a lot thank goodness but how do i treat that..

should i use a specific shampoo or conditioner.

wat about oils ? i tried that once after conditioner and it just left my hair too oily

i dont grease my scalp but i would like to find a way to prevent dry scalp

any suggestions?

Traycee

I love coconut oil......I mix with conditioner and little peppermint and rosemary ....My itchy scalp and dandruff are gone..... I give the most credit to the coconut oil

InnerSoul

little bit of peppermint oil soothes it.. I also don't grease my scalp either (unless its relaxer day.) I also shampoo more frequently when my scalp gets the itchies and this relieves it.

krissynick

what about hot oil treatments

the other day i brought queen helene jojoba oil hot oil treatment.. do you think this will work okay?

gn1g

I was using alter ego at one point to curtail shedding. It created an awful build up on my scalp. Then winter came along and dried my scalp the more. So I started putting vaseline directly on my scalp a day prior to wash day. Then I read of Amla and Skikaki(?) oil. I've used it twice thus far and can't determine if it's making it worst. Seems like I have a case of craddle cap!!

amber815

I use elasta qp dansruff shampoo followed by the creme conditioning poo. After a couple of days I will oil my scalp with a lil coconut oil and massage it in. No flakes! I'm a couple of days from wash day and there is not nary a flake in my parts.

shtow

You may not be rinsing your conditioner out all the way. Use a bottle filled with water and a nozzle to rinse your scalp 3 times after you shampoo and condition. This has really helped my sister and I. I thought it was impossible but my hair is so thick and my water pressure isn't all that hard so I had shampoo and conditioner residue left on my scalp.

Also using a mix of coconut oil and tea tree oil has eliminated my dandruff!

Evazhair

I am going to contradict others with saying what worked for me and my dry sensitive scalp. I use the Alter Ego garlic hot oil treatment weekly on my scalp. I rinse like a madwoman, so I never had build up issues. I used to have to oil my scalp maybe 2-3 times a week. Since using this, I can oil my scalp once a week when my rollerset dries and I am good, until the next wash. I use pomades that contain no mineral oil/petroleum. I second the coconut oil. I have to, or all hell will break loose. My scalp is also less sensitive.

Soliel185

I agree about the peppermint oil - but I think the cool tingle just makes my scalp feel extra clean.

I just read an article on AOL about using household items, and saw that lemon juice supposedly clears up dry scalp. They said take 2 tbl spoons, massage into scalp leave on for a bit and rinse. I think I will try this next time I wash -- maybe mix it with a shampoo or baking soda and ACV and apply with an applicator bottle. My issue seems to be that my hair is so thick I can't get to all of my scalp to really scrub w/o making a mess so I think the applicator bottle will really help.

Here's a link to the article:

http://food.aol.com/play-with-your-food/weird-uses-for-food

gymfreak336

You may not be rinsing your conditioner out all the way. Use a bottle filled with water and a nozzle to rinse your scalp 3 times after you shampoo and condition. This has really helped my sister and I. I thought it was impossible but my hair is so thick and my water pressure isn't all that hard so I had shampoo and conditioner residue left on my scalp.

Also using a mix of coconut oil and tea tree oil has eliminated my dandruff!

:yep::yep: I thought I had mild dandruff for YEARS when really this was my problem.