How do you trim your ends?

nap2bfree

I just permed after 3 1/2 years of being natural. My ends are damaged. How do you trim your own ends? I don't go to salons.

nap2bfree

I take a super sharp pair of scissors,, eyebrow scissors r good and just trim until its nice and even,, I start on one side then the other side then the back areas,,, just trim off the bad damage try to make it even, it usually comes out decent lol,, im on a no trim challenge but i did a biggie in may, trimmed 2 inches or more and totally evened it up,, i like it blunt cut becuz it looks healthier and thicker to me... hth

No, i wish i was a self trimmer. My last trim, my good childhood friend gave me. I stopped letting my stylist trim me because every 3 months she would cut off all my progress. Hence, i would never see growth.

I only trim when my hair is straight and if my mom dosen't do it I just put it in a low ponytail and trim the ends of it then take the ponytail out and trim the sides a little.

When I have trimmed my own ends, I used Lonei's method which I believe is outlined in her album and (maybe) in a thread here. It worked pretty well (Thanks Lonei! :)). Failing that, you could do your front and have a trusted friend or SO do the back. More often than not, I let my husband clean up the back and I do the front.

I do the same thing. I trim the front and the layers, then I comb my hair into place and let my hubby trim the back. He does not want me to be bald so he never cuts to much. In fact I had to force him to cut more when I did my 5 inch cut last year.

I usually don't trim my own ends because I'm a scaredy cat, but when I do, I part my hair into four sections and take each section at a time. I hold my hair between two fingers and go all the way down and look at the ends for scragglies and snip, snip.

Back