How Do You Use Your Denman?

SohoHair

So I recently bought a D3 at Ricky's, but I'm having some trouble working it into my regimen. I used for the first time a few days ago and it REALLY detangle my hair. It got out all the shed hair that my wide tooth comb just couldn't handle, and I've had fewer tangles and knots sine then which is amazing!:grin:

The only thing is that all my curl definition is GONE!!:perplexed I almost always wash and-go, or make a curly puff, and since I'm texlaxed and very far post touchup, it usually looks great. But since I've been using my Denman my curlies are just pouffy and undefined and not very nice looking...

I've tried using my Denman just to distribute the conditioner through my hair, I've tried using it when I'm rinsing the conditioner out under running water in the shower, but both give me a pouffy mess.:nono: I looked through some old threads and I saw that everyone was commenting on how the brush made their curls pop, and for the life of me I can't figure it out!!!

Please help, how do YOU use your Denman?? The more detail the better!!:yep:

comike

Are you referring to the Denman brush? If so, use as you would any other brush or at least I do.

SohoHair

Are you referring to the Denman brush? If so, use as you would any other brush or at least I do.

Yup, I'm referring to the Denman Brush, either the D3 or the D4.:yep: Do you use it in the shower? With conditioner in your hair? While your rinsing it out? Do you use it afterwards to distribute leave-in and product better? Do you find that your curl definition is different depending on how and when do you use it? Do you use it every time you wash or just occasionally?

Pardon me if these are obvious questions, but I didn't brush my hair before I got the Denman a few days ago.:drunk:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
well i use it to shingle but my hair must have gel in it or at least a heavy butter in it. it just gives me fluff when i use it on the shower or when i have conditioner in my hair but i may be different because my hair doesnt coil/curl when wet:perplexed

SohoHair

Thank you for your replies!! I cowash everyday or every other day, and I'm thinking that I'll only use my Denman every couple of washes to detangle and just finger comb the rest of the time. I was hoping it would add to my quest for maximum curl definition, but it seems that for me it'll just work as a detangler. That however is nothing to sniff at because it is an EXCELLENT detangler.:yep:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
If you want curl definition try using it to distribute your styling product of choice or leave-in. The curls should really pop and be chunky.

Country gal

I use it for detangling my hair, combing my conditioner through, for wet sets. For regular styling. I use it for everything.