How do you use your shea butter?

KinksnCurlz

I'm curious as to how other folks are applying shea to their hair. I sort of scrunch mine in (I use shea, aloe, evoo & a few lavender drops). Is that the norm?

ETA: Maybe I'm not wording this right. How do you apply your concoction to your hair. LOL Do you smooth it on, do you scrunch it on... ?

Last edited:

tailormade84

i mix it (with my finger) with coconut oil, castor oil, and aloe vera gel until its creamy

i also add vit. E oil and grapefruit seed extract (to preserve, if i will keep it for longer than 3 days)

pmichael52172

I do the exact same as MissNorway. I use mine on my skin and on dry hair. I also mix it with EVOO as a pre-poo on dry hair. Keeps my demarcation line and roots strong during this transition. I don't need to melt it again because it melts upon contact.

When I run out, I'm going to whip more shea butter but add EVOO with my coconut oil next time. I've never used shea butter alone... I'll try that too.

LushLox

I sometimes add a bit to my DC's if my hair is feeling a bit parched, but not too much as it's so heavy.

Austro-Afrikana

I just melt some raw shea butter in my hands and run it through the ends of my hair...i rub it down the whole length when i do a braidout

AsTheCurlzTurns

I normally use my shea butter(whipped with coconut or castor oil) when I'm doing twists or braids in my hair. I'd just grab a section, smooth a dab of shea butter on that section (making sure it's on the full length) and then twist/braid away. I also use it as an all over body moisturizer, it's just DIVINE!!! I just :heart: shea butter!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I mostly use it on my ends. Sometimes I'll use it on my nape hair which is always super dry (my problem area).

rainbowknots

do any of you ladies use Hairveda green tea butter...i just ordered some butters from Hairveda and also from shescentit but i don't know what the heck to do with them...LOL