How does my regimen sound?

Gaea

I just want to start doing this right so that my hair would stop looking so terrible
Not that it looks toatally bad like other people's hair on the street. My hair has some degree of healthiness, I'm not happy with it though.

I shampoo every three days. The first shampoo is with elasta qp shampoo for relaxed hair followed by con shampoo sometimes I only use the con. The second shampoo is with An IC shampoo... they have an aloe, lemon, frizz buster and sparklelites shampoo.

Most times I do a pre shampoo with suave and vos conditioners mixed with my oil mix (coconut, peanut, olive sometimes castor) or hot 6 and honey.

I deep condition twice a week after washing it. I use elasta qp intense, elasta qp DPR-11, Motions silk protein conditioner, Redken all soft conditioner, 10 en 1 and keracare humecto. I mix all of them with peanut/evoo and honey and a dollp of elasta qp breakage control serum. I use a very diluted acv rinse after the conditioners that don't have a low pH.

Once a month I use a reconstructor. I use IC reconstructor, St. Ives liquid protein and nexxus emergenccee.

After washing/condtioning my hair most of the time I put small amounts of razac leave in conditioner/motions nourish leave in condtioner, a mix of oils and s-curl. I put extra oil on the ends and on the newgrowth. I then put lots of elasta qp feels like silk gel in my hair and do a twist out or rollerset, the rollerset is not done to make my hair look straight it looks like small ringlets.

Every few weeks/months I'll do a rollerset without the feels like silk and s-curl. I use a leave in, oils, heat protectant and presing oil, then I press my hair. This is a rare occurance.

When my hair is done in it's normal style, I dampen my hair every night with distilled water and lkeave in conditioner. I apply oil and gel to it and twist it up or roll it up. I use s-curl as well on the day after that.

I have 3c/4a hair that's mostly texturized with 2 and a half inchen of natural hair. I'm planning on staying chemical free for a while.

If anyone can give suggestions on what to improve or even better products, I would appreciate it A LOT!

Angelicus

How can you do better than that? Your regimen sounds great, and I am sure you will reap rewards soon, Mother Planet.

Sounds like you've been lurking for a while too

OT: rrivate message me about weight loss.

Gaea

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:

Sounds like you've been lurking for a while too

[/ QUOTE ]

You got me! I definitely have been lurking.

OnceUponAtime

Hi Gaea

I have a question. What is it that makes you think your hair looks terrible?

As for your routine, it sounds really good to me, but I'm not big on shampoo because my hair tends to dry easily, so I substitute a conditioner wash for a shampoo wash.

Gaea

I have broken off hair all around my hairline. I'm thankful that I can disguise it... but it makes my thick hair look thin. I can't do too many things with it because it's short and because I always have to hide the hairline.

And... my hair has close to no elasticity.

Leslie_C

sounds good, I would just monitor the use of so many different products at the same time. I have had problems in the past with breaking/thinning when Ive used a million different products and the bad part is I didnt know what to eliminate because I was using too many different things. Now I try to use as few as possible at once and when I add something, I only add one thing at a time and see how my hair reacts.

This was a couple of years ago, I found this board(it used to be different but some of the same ppl--Allandra, Jade, etc were there). I had good intentions but I probably tried literally every product anyone here mentioned....lol. Since then I ended up ruining my hair and cutting it off a little over a year ago, and now Im back into hair health. Its grown from my ears to my shoulders and hopefully Ill get to bra strap w/in the next 6-8 months.

Im still a PJ but I try to alternate every once and a while instead of all the time, plus Im narrowing my list to only a few products at a time. I worry about the ingredients in different conditioners mixing and having a bad reaction to too much of something.

Gaea

I'm a conditioner junkie

I don't use more than two at a time though... after they run out I switch to two more. It takes about 2 months for me to use them up that way. Is that Ok??

Leslie_C

oh that sounds fine:) I thought u meant u were mixing ALL five of those together with EVOO and QP breakage serum. That would be quite a bit of ingredients...lol:)

Ive been thinking of trying that QP breakage serum, how do u like it? do u ever use it alone or only in conjunction with different conditioners? Im dealing with some shedding/breakage issues Im trying to get under control but I dont know if its excessive or Im just paranoid but Id like to see a decrease ASAP!

Gaea

no
I use them one at a time, and just alternate.

I have use the breakage control serum with no bad affects, I really just did it to save time because I put on a moisturizing conditioner after I rinse that out.

It really does help with breakage. I have very little breakage now, my hair loves the wheat proteins and silk proteins.

I don't do too many protein treatments with heavy protein conditioners though, those light ones do the trick