How frequently do ya'll conditioner wash.

belleza

How frequently do ya\'ll conditioner wash.

I'm still stuck in "black people shouldn't wash their hair alot or it will fall out" mode. I do love the feel, but I don't want to wash it too much, if there is a such thing.

I CW'd it yesterday. I did pretreat with Motions Moisture Plus conditioner, and I mixed it with some Apricot Oil for elasticity. I covered with a plastic cap for 15 min. Then I rinsed and followed that with Nioxin Scalp Therapy conditioner. Do ya'll do anything similar?

I'm sure there is probably a thread to this effect somewhere, and that this topic has been done to death, but could ya'll help yo mama out this mornin! Much Love! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Re: How frequently do ya\'ll conditioner wash.

My hair is relatively short, so I co-wash daily. I kinda have to. My hair is all smashed all over my head 'cause I sleep like a wild woman. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I CW everyday too. I have a twa. I just use one conditioner and put on products after that.
Heres what I do

CW (I let is sit for about 5 minutes)
leave-in
moisturizer(mango butter)

This works for me

HTH

That's a great link. But it gives technique, it doesn't speak to frequency.

I CW everyday.. I'm transitioning right now..but even when I was younger..old enough to start doing my own hair..when I was relaxed..I still washed my hair everyday.. and back then was with shampoo everyday. Right now, I prolly use shampoo twice a week..I thnk..

i cw everyday...unless im trying to wear twists...but i only do one conditioner and i leave it all in

I CW every other day, but I use a leave-in and oil after. I shampoo 1x/wk.

I CO wash 1x/week. I wash with shampoo 1x/month.

I co wash every other week every day and the next week wear
I wear a protective style drawstring ponytail or bun.

I was wondering as well. I CO wash every two days and was wondering if that's too frequent. My definition of CO wash is using a deep condition. I don't know if that's accurate though. My hair loves it.

[ QUOTE ]
My hair is relatively short, so I co-wash daily. I kinda have to. My hair is all smashed all over my head 'cause I sleep like a wild woman. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG this is the absolute worse thing when you have short natural hair...its okay in the summer because its warm out.But now that its getting cold, its not a good idea. You have no other choice but to wet it because your hair looks like a helmet when you wake up.Thats why I decided to get the twists. Even after I take them out Im not going to co wash as much, I think this was why my hair was knotting so much
/images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

I CWW daily when I am not in braids. I use shampoo then 1 to 2 times a week. My hair loves to be washed everyday. I air dried by putting it into a ponytail and tying it down for the night. My hair would dry nice and soft. usually still a little damp when i went to work but that didnt matter cuz I wore a wig...lol. by the end of the work day though my hair is nice and soft and just lovely.
CWs are great and I had no probs doing it daily.

I will add that my mom's friend, when she found out I did this, was a bit disturbe. She blurted out "YOU AIN'T WHITE!!" Oh yeah? no kiddin'!

I co-wash about twice a week and then rollerset my hair, but when I was natural I did it everyday unless I had my hair in twists.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG this is the absolute worse thing when you have short natural hair...its okay in the summer because its warm out.But now that its getting cold, its not a good idea. You have no other choice but to wet it because your hair looks like a helmet when you wake up.Thats why I decided to get the twists. Even after I take them out Im not going to co wash as much, I think this was why my hair was knotting so much

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still transitioning and I definitely get the helmet hair. But you're right, it is too cold to be doing CO washes every day. I CO wash once a week. I used to do it every other day but I've noticed that since I cut back, I have way less breakage. I think ppl have different results from it so you have to find what works best for you.

Once a week. My hair would be a horrible mess if I washed it everyday...it wouldn't be able to take it and neither would I!!!

I conditioner wash daily 2x/day. My hair is natural and about 23 inches long from hairline to ends. I workout every morning and I like to shower before bed. I shampoo once a week if I think I need it. I also do ACV rinses. I guess I'm a lil' wierd that way.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still transitioning and I definitely get the helmet hair. But you're right, it is too cold to be doing CO washes every day. I CO wash once a week. I used to do it every other day but I've noticed that since I cut back, I have way less breakage. I think ppl have different results from it so you have to find what works best for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the weather is getting colder, but I have a hood dryer and sit under it in the a.m. I'm usually completely dry in 10 minutes.

During the summer months (while still transitioning) I CO washed every other day...sometimes daily. Now that it's fall & kinda cold here in Cleveland (OH), I'll do 2 per wk.

[ QUOTE ]
I will add that my mom's friend, when she found out I did this, was a bit disturbe. She blurted out "YOU AIN'T WHITE!!" Oh yeah? no kiddin'!

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Back