How I get my hair under wigs ~pics~

I have been asked a lot how I get all my hair under a wig and its is rather hard to explain but since I re-braided my hair last night/this morning I decided to take some pics at the last minute. I'll try to explain how.

Its SUPPOSED to be in a beehive, but my hands get confused so I had to improvise. I started in the front middle of my forehead and parted down the sides, past my ear to the back of my neck and cornrowed that. Then I went back up to the middle of my forehead and did the same thing on the other side, past the other ear to the back of my neck. Then I went to the other side and did a cornrow next to row #1 making sure to make the rows small. Then I repeated on the other side repeating flipping from one side to the other. Then once I got towards the middle I couldnt make it in a swoop pattern, so I just went side to side.

Heres the key: with all those braids sticking out like buckwheat everywhere I simply laid the braids in the parts and bobby-pinned them there. If you do this you will have to just look at it and make them as flat as possible against your head being careful not to criss cross them if possible.

If you can get a pic of that in your mind I applaud you, but if not heres some pics that MAY help you get an idea of what I mean. I tried!! :lol:

Last edited:

Ivonnovi

Great info for those that want to try this...

Till now I thought I was the only person that would purposefully by wigs that where shorter than my own hair. You go girl!

NaturalBoss

I wish I could do that, but I can't :sad:
So I just put about 8 raggedy cornrows in my hair and pin them up. I can braid other people's hair, but just not my own. My wig would fit a lot better on my head if I could braid like you SparklingFlame.

I wish I could do that, but I can't :sad:
So I just put about 8 raggedy cornrows in my hair and pin them up. I can braid other people's hair, but just not my own. My wig would fit a lot better on my head if I could braid like you SparklingFlame.
Raggedy dont matter. The first ones I did were raggedy as hayl. :lachen:
Thanks Sparkling, now all we need is a tutorial on how you did that. :)

It took me a long time to put the rows in but I could show how I actully pinned them up.......

tenderheaded

You did a good job! I'm a lousy braider, no matter what! I'll have to keep pinning down my sorry braids.

Thanks for the pics.

Nonie

OP, I didn't think it were possible but those pics prove that your hair can be magically made to fit under a wig. And you do such a neat job that I'm thinking I could properly rock that look to work. :look: I mean, if I can do Coolio, then who's gonn' say anything about my makeshift "heat cap"? :look:

OP, I didn't think it were possible but those pics prove that your hair can be magically made to fit under a wig. And you do such a neat job that I'm thinking I could properly rock that look to work. :look: I mean, if I can do Coolio, then who's gonn' say anything about my makeshift "heat cap"? :look:

Dayum, not COOLIO!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Janet'

Nonie--- I'm DEAD :thud:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lady Esquire

:lol: at Coolio. I know how to cornrow, but never learned how to beehive. So your way is so much better and its a really great protective style for the winter. Feels good to give your hair a break too, huh?