how long did it take to grow your waistlength hair?

how long did it take to grow your waist length hair and beyond?

• 1 to 3 years

Votes: 35 52.2%
  • 3 to 5 years

Votes: 32 47.8%

• Total voters

memee1978

i know that everyone hair grows at different rates....but i was curious....how long did it take you ladies to grow waistlength hair?it took me about 5 years because i had a couple of set backs...now i have healthy hair.....all comments and answers are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Jynkx

i didnt vote because i really have no idea. years and years and years ago when i started growing my hair out i wasnt keeping track of length or time.

taj

Congradulations on growing your hair to waistlength!!:grin: You are exactly where I want to be.:yep: I didnt vote, I'm currently bsl or slightly longer. I dont know the exact length because I've been braiding for the past 6 months and prior to that I've had setbacks.

albane

I had hair at the waist when I was 16, I cut it to brastap when I entered in the college, let it grow to miedback when I started working. I resumed gowing it to waist, at husband request, one year after I have been married. It took one and half year to go from midback to waist. I maintain it to waist for 1 and half year now. My husband love it. Haircare is a little uneasy, but I am dealing with.

Poli

My hair is about 1.5 inches away from my waist. I have been growing it out for 10 years. I started out with a Sinead O'connor. I will say it has grown more in the past two years since I have been taken good supplements. Good nutrition is the KEY!!!:yep:. I keep it in proctective styles at all times (braids) but really started taken care of myself the past 3 years and I mean really taken care of myself and what a difference it has made.

zzirvingj

My hair is about 1.5 inches away from my waist. I have been growing it out for 10 years. I started out with a Sinead O'connor. I will say it has grown more in the past two years since I have been taken good supplements. Good nutrition is the KEY!!!:yep:. I keep it in proctective styles at all times (braids) but really started taken care of myself the past 3 years and I mean really taken care of myself and what a difference it has made.

Can you please elaborate on what things you have started doing different to take better care of yourself that have also made a difference with your hair? TIA! :drunk:

memee1978

keeping the ends from breaking to me is a major factor.but i do have to say,having healthy hair was the foundation...my hair wasnt always healthy.i needed to learn how to get it back in to health.i would say for me.,,i had to start way back from color bone till waistlength for me took about 5 years....my hair was just damaged and dry,its like i had to learn to break the cycle....yor hair will grow,but its breaking at the same time....there is no length...now,it wont take me anytime to grow it.id say by,dec 2008 this year i may be tailbone or right dam near tail bone.but i want the thickness too.:grin:

Poli

Can you please elaborate on what things you have started doing different to take better care of yourself that have also made a difference with your hair? TIA! :drunk:

For the most part nutrition!! I drink a protein shake first thing in the morning. I workout 5 days a week. I use really good supplements. I hardly ever eat fried foods, maybe twice a year. Low carbs. complex not simple:yep:. I drink alot of water. Now of course I do have my downfalls BEER!!! :lachen:but not alot.I eat clean about 95% of the time 9 (the eat clean diet is a great book I just bought) . Once I took the focus off my hair and started working on me with good nutrition everything just fell into place. I really don't do too much worrying about my hair, less is best. I used Surge 14 once then they stop making it. But I recently order the last one from Coffee so maybe I will use it some time in the future. I eat very blend things and really like them now:yep:. Not raw but less ingredients, I will eat turkey, chix, and fish and sometimes beef just not as much, my taste for it just isn't really there anymore.

it's funny because my Mom said you waited til you're almost 40 to start growing hair. I tell her I just learned what my body likes and dislikes, which is good nutrition:grin: and it has made a difference in everything!!!!
http://www.eatcleandiet.com/

Just don't forget to take GOOD supplements. I believe you get what you pay for:yep:

Allandra

It took me about 3 years. I had a haircut in 1999 (way above the shoulder Bob), and I got to waist length around 2002. I remember Jade21 was the one that told me 'OMG Allandra, you're at waist length.' I was so excited. :giggle:

C

cieramichele

I think it's just that....average. :) I don't know that my hair grows faster than most people's. Retention is the key. :yep:

I bun daily for protection along with DC and all that other good stuff. I hope that helps retention.

DivaD04

ladies all i can say is....:worship2::gorgeous:

All of you are inspiring!

sweetcashew what did you do to get wsl? i' mean did you make changes as well to get you length? please do tell!!!!
I mean help a one incher out over here:hair: :arrowleft:my hair + :kiss3: :arrowleft:ur hair = now cough up you reggie stat:grin:

memee1978

conditioner co washes is helping my hair a whole lot.my curles are getting very lengthy.my next goal is tailbone.i wonder how long thats gona take?:lachen: