How long do it usually take you to wash and style your hair?

Amarech

3-4 hours from start to finish when i flatiron I envy you women that are able to flatiron your hair in 30 minutes or less. I don't see how in the heck you are able to do it The flatironing time alone for me is like an hour and a half.

See, it used to take me an hour and a half just to flat iron my hair. But now it takes me just under 30 min. Why? How? I don't know exactly, all I can say is that when I changed products and tools, my hair responded to the flat iron better.

When I got my Jilbere flat iron my timing went down to about 45 min. But once I started using Joico, it shaved off another 15. I don't know what's in there but whatever it is, my hair likes it. When I flat iron my hair comes out smooth, silky and bouncy. I used to have to flat iron with smaller sections to get the same result, hence the longer flat ironing time. But now I don't. I grab a good size chunk (not too big) and go.

And the best thing is that I only have to flat iron once. As long as I wrap my hair at night with a little almond oil, my hair looks great without the midweek touch up:yep:

I'd say experiment with different products and tools. You might find that your time is cut in half too:)

HTH

ravenmerlita

It takes me about 1 hour and 15 minutes to wash, condition and roller set. I'm trying to get it to 1 hour. Deep conditioning adds another 30-60 minutes or more.

I can wash, dry and flat iron in 45 minutes.

Demi27

I think yesterday it took me about 4 hours. That was pre-conditioning, washing, conditioning and then rollersetting. It took the longest putting the rollers in my hair because I'm just learning how to rollerset so I'm not as fast as I would like to be

It actual took me longer because I took a nap when I pre-conditioned. :ohwell:

This is really making me think about putting my braids back in, but I'm trying to hang in there.

Last edited:

Angelicus

For instance, If I am rollersetting my hair when I am 9 weeks post relaxer:

1. detangling, shampoo, deep condition, rinse: 45 minutes
2. roller set: 45 minutes
3. dry time: 2 hr, usually more.
4. Flat Iron (sparingly): 1hr

Yes, it takes all day if I want straight hair, hence my daily washing.