How long do you rinse out conditioners?

spencd

Hello,

How long do you rinse conditioner out of your hair for? Moisturizers and protein? I read somewhere that it should be done for 5 minutes. I am trying to figure out if I am doing it too long. I could take the same products to the beauty parlour and get different results. I know some people said they may have a water softner but I think it has something to do with me rinsing out.

BTW I don't think I rinse out a full 5 minutes but it may be 3. Shout out to all the people who have there regime packed down cause it's hard getting there. Products that used to work for me don't necessary do anymore. Yes, I cheleat/clarify.

I rinse my hair until all of the product is out - I'm good to hop out the shower and double check in the mirror if I'm not sure that it's all out.
Depending on the consistency of what I'm using, it might take longer one weekend than it does another.

I use my conditioner as a leave in as well, so I rinse partially only. Is there a reason to do that with a moisturizing conditioner? Or is this for heat styling?

I have the book from Shamboosie. He said to rinse for that long particulary when using protein. I don't use too much heat on my head. I primarily rollerset. At beauty parlour may get roots blown about 4x a year.

WOW! 5 minutes is a bit excessive I think.
With moisturising conditioners, I'm not even worried about any residue being left in my hair. I probably take less than a minute to rinse it out.
With protein conditioners, maybe two minutes and I make sure all the product is out.

Yea 5 minutes is a lil much, but okay?

It takes a little longer depending on the amount of new growth I have. I noticed after fresh relaxer conditioners come out in a snap.

Five minutes, really? I don't usually rinse all of my conditioner out, so it's usually just a quick rinse under the showerhead. Probably a minute or so.

I've never timed how long I rinse out my conditioners. I know when i do my relaxer i rinse it out for 30 seconds, shampoo for 30 seconds....rinse again for 30 seconds, shampoo for 30 seconds...let it sit for 5 minutes, and then rinse again for another 30 seconds, shampoo agin for 30 seconds, rinse for 30 seconds and then i'm done.....then i put in the conditioners and blah blah blah!...lol

5 min's of rinsing out conditioner? I've never heard of this. I just rinse until all of the product is out.

Yea that sounds odd. Some women don't spend 5 mins in the shower:perplexed. I rinse until the conditioner is rinsed out. Maybe it's different for naturals or thick haired ladies.

Why is 5 mins so much? lol, it's just 5 minutes.

I rinse thoroughly... 5 mins or so. Mostly because I like how it feels :lol:

if its a protein i make sure i get it all out, so how ever long it takes. if it a moisturizing conditioner then 30 seconds should get it depending on how thick the conditioner is. with that said i dont really care about getting all the conditioner out because moisturizing conditioner can be used as leave ins.

5 minutes IS alot because you dont always have to get every litle bit of conditioner out. esp. if its a moisturizing conditioner.

Okay just rinsed out my AO HR conditioner and feel like it is a film or something on it. More like it feels dry. I rinsed it out for about 2 minutes so that I can comb under water. My hair felt soft as can be because of thick roots for about 2 min then when the air hits it I don't know what the problem is. I don't know what it is now that seems to be the product. I don't know if it is the product or from me using no-lye for so long. I just cheleated about two weeks ago. I wonder if the water has something to do with it. I am under the dryer now with rollerset.

WOW! 5 minutes is a bit excessive I think.
With moisturising conditioners, I'm not even worried about any residue being left in my hair. I probably take less than a minute to rinse it out.
With protein conditioners, maybe two minutes and I make sure all the product is out.

You have made some beautiful progress with your hair. Sorry for getting off topic.

Back