How long do you wait to wash your hair....

new-life

after getting your hair done (relaxed and styled) by your stylist? I'm just curious because i got my hair chopped into a nice collarbone length bob and I'm loving the hell out of it. I got my hair done on thurs dec. 20th (that's about 1.5wks ago) and I usually wait until the style doesn't look that nice anymore to wash my hair (usually by 2wks). So today I planned on washing my hair, but for some reason, when I took out the wrap, my hair still looked good, and I'm afraid that if I wash it and rollerset it myself, my hair won't look as good. So I'm thinking of waiting until thursday but I'm not sure. I've been thinking about this for more than an hr and I'm wasting time- the procrastinator in me. Anyway, how long do you guys wait and any tips/advice?

new-life

Thanks girl, do you straighten your hair after washing or no? If you do, do you have any tips for making your hair have that fresh out of the salon look after washing?

BUMP for more replies

Sequoia

if i get a touchup, i don't care how nice my hairstyle is, i have to wash and DC about 2/3 days after cos i'm a bit paranoid about relaxer residue. For anything else, i'll keep for 1 or 2wks.

i can't replicate what my stylist does, i'm terrible at styling my hair- all i do is airdry with a scarf and maybe do 1 big pincurl to bump my ends a bit.

Moroni

if i get a touchup, i don't care how nice my hairstyle is, i have to wash and DC about 2/3 days after cos i'm a bit paranoid about relaxer residue. For anything else, i'll keep for 1 or 2wks.

i can't replicate what my stylist does, i'm terrible at styling my hair- all i do is airdry with a scarf and maybe do 1 big pincurl to bump my ends a bit.

This is what I was going to say as well. I will use a clarifying or neutralizing poo, followed by a protein DC. I cowash 3 to 4 times a week, though.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I straightened my hair last Tuesday so like 5 days ago and I am sooooo ready to cowash. I'm trying to make it last 1 full week though so we shall see. Some people would think you are nuts for wanting to wash your hair a few days after getting it done (not here onthe board)but i understand. Do whatever works for you.