How Long Does It Take You To Style Your Hair...

Isis

for the day? Since I'm wearing braidouts right now, I timed myself today and it took me about 15 minutes to undo my braids, moisturize, curl my bangs with Caruso rollers. I could probably do it in 10 minutes but I wasn't rushing. It takes me a little longer if its the morning after airdrying my hair overnight, since it's still just a little bit damp, plus I braid my hair on hair already airdried (slight dampness is ok). I leave my braids in for 1 - 2 hours that first day also.
So how long does it take you to style your hair for the day?

Isis

That's great Alliyah4eva203! Can't beat that!

Neroli

About 3 minutes in the morning. I sleep with 5 rollers wrapped in satin scarf. I undo the 5 rollers, finger comb, shake and go. I wear straight back with a hairband to keep off face.

Tammy

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Style Your Hair..

Two mins. I unwrap it and put it in a loose, very cute bun in the back.

Dolce_Dawn

[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:
I'm just like Alliyah4eva203. It takes be about 30 seconds to unwrap my hair, fingercomb and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, me too. Unwrap, comb and go.

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
You're not alone Isis, on CO wash days it takes me about 30-45 minutes to do my hair, start to finish. And all i do is put it in a bun

NAY007

I take my hair out of the braid I sleep with. I then moisturize my hair in three or four sections. I then brush back and put it in a bun. I would say it takes me 5 minutes.

PrettyBrownEyes

No more than 5 minutes. I wear my hair down the majority of the time, so I simply either unwrap it or remove the bobby pins from my pin curls, spray w/ oil sheen lightly comb it into place or shake it into place and that's it.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
It takes me an incessant amount of time to style my hair and then when I am finally done, it falls as soon as I leave the room! Thats why I tend to just put my hair in a pony tale or wear some kind of extensions....lol

Isis

Now I do have that French Twist down and I can create one very, very quickly (as I mentioned on a different thread).
I've learned do that style without looking in a mirror, and have it look good.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I think if I knew what to do w/my hair it might be faster. I'm in that in between length stage w/the braid outs. Not long enough for me to wear down (plus it's shapeless, style-less), not short enough to look neat. I usually try two styles I don't like or that don't work. Then I revert to the "french roll in & up", hair pins, clip and working w/the loose hair on top. It takes about 7-10 mins. w/moisturizing before I give in and leave!

jainygirl

i hate to say it but i think i leave most mornings without even doing my hair. just taking off my satin cap and wearing it in the same bun i put it in the night before

Isis

That's the way to do it Jainygirl! Just get out of bed and leave!
I must say your regimen sure is working very well for you, your hair is the bomb!

Nacai23

It takes me thirty minutes to style my hair in bantu knots on wash day, which is usually on a Saturday. It only takes me two seconds through the week. I just get up, take my scarf off and mist my hair with either a leav-in or plain water.

AceH

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
i hate to say it but i think i leave most mornings without even doing my hair. just taking off my satin cap and wearing it in the same bun i put it in the night before

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">I thought about doing that, but I'm afraid of my hair breaking
Instead, it takes me about 5 minutes to do my bun every morning. </font>

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
That's the way to do it Jainygirl! Just get out of bed and leave!
I must say your regimen sure is working very well for you, your hair is the bomb!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Isis
my poor husband just looks at me and shakes his head
-- jainygirl

Shawn

No more than 3 minutes. I sleep in two braids, so when I wake up, I simply undo the braids and run my fingers through my hair with some moisturizer--usually Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion but, lately, I've used the Profectiv Health Ends on the ends and some of my brand spanking new Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-In. It smells sooooooo good (or did I mention that in another post?).

A_Christian

Right now 2 or 3 minutes.
Wednesday I condition washed with GPB and Humecto and did a roller set. The Kera Care Essential Oils and Leave-In made my hair super soft and moisturized. All I do is add a little more of the Essential oils to my new growth and ends, put my hair in a ponytail and go. I can't believe how well the GPB, Humecto, and Jilbere Shower comb worked to detangle my hair 11 weeks post-relaxer.

Irresistible

2 dang long......never timed it, but just the pony tail is becoming a job these days, arms hurt and errythang..
first put the stuff (whatever im using) all through it...one or two products
then the k cutter
then the reg comb
then the brush
then getting it into the pony tail
then combing through the pony tail again
then adding the srunchies, or twirling it up into the bun.....then brushing/smoothing back the edges, then cleaing up the aftermath

just too dang long at times

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:

[/ QUOTE ] i do this too, whenever im just runnin to the store or runnin errands or somethin , just wet and brush back the edges...dont care how it looks those days either

inthepink

If I'm undoing my braids from the night before, it probably takes me about 15 minutes. Otherwise, 10 minutes. I have to undo the braids, sometimes separate them, apply my leave-ins, comb hair back, smooth hair, put in ponytail, put on scarf. Get ready for work and before I leave, take off scarf and apply a product for shine.

bettydavis

A few minutes..I smooth my edges back before I go out and put it in a puff. I do the scarf thing too to get it extra smooth. If I'm in braids it takes me no time, that what I love about them. But if the braids are getting frizzy I smooth down my baby hairs with aloe gel...it looks so much better, takes about a minute.