How Long Does It Take You To Style Your Hair...

Isis

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Style Your Hair..

I too do that scarf thing to smooth down the poufiness the new growth causes as the post relaxer weeks go by...

northernbelle

Not very long. It is merely a matter of unrwapping or unrolling my hair, applying oil sheen, and then styling my hair.

Actually, it takes me longer to apply my make up than it does to style my hair for the day!LOL!

northernbelle

Leshia

my two buns take about 7 minutes tops. *smug look* no glamour here.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
It takes me about 30 minutes total. Evening about 20 minutes to put in my bantu knots and morning about 10 minutes to take them down and style.

babyblue

ponytail maybe 1-3 min

undoing a braid/twist- out 5-30 min depending on how many braids twists i have in

bun no more than 1-5 min depending on whether i keep rearranging it

twists- 1 hr and 15 min but they last up to 2 weeks.

jainygirl

How long is it taking everyone nowadays? i'm still in the minute to 2 minute range. gotta love those buns.

belleza

I don't style my hair. Since I'm into anointing my hair with butters and oils, I wear wigs. Example, today was Aphogee Treatment day (1x per month) After the final deep conditioning I slathered on Shea, and Cocoa Butters and Recovery Moisturizer. I plaited my hair, pinned down the ends, slapped on my wig - And at the office, I look fabulous. Meanwhile, I'm letting my hair "marinate". To me, wigs are the ultimate protective style. And with so many options I'm not confined to one look. Just take care to remove the wig when you're in for the evening, and don't wear anything that rubs or pulls on the fragile hair at the temples or the nape of the neck.

Due to extreme stress, I've whacked off my hair 5 times in the last year. So I'm coming from a TWA to now having 7 inches of length. I hope this helps you.

Xerxes

About 30 seconds tops since I have a TWA! All I do is pick it out becaause I feel like I should do something to shape it but since it's only about 1/2 inch long or high, nothing I do to it changes it much! LOL Then I spray it with oil sheen and go! I've never had so much hair freedom except for when I was wearing braids.

ChocoKitty

15-30 minutes when I CO during shower time. I wear in a wet bun. Now if I wanted to straighten my hair-I'd have to take the off from work...

InsertCleverNameHere

Seconds and sometimes not at all...depending on if I'm wiggin it or have it in a phonytail or weave...If I press my hair all I do is oil it and comb it down. I'm kinda low maintenance when it comes to doing my hair because I like to use my morning to get that few extra minutes of sleep!

IrisDaVirus

Well, since I conditioner wash every night and section my hair off to dry (the top half from the back half), it usually takes me about five to seven minutes every morning. I just wake up, comb out each section, add moisturizer, and pin or clip up the crown portion of my hair. I almost always let the back hang.

northernbelle

Not long at all.

I either wrap up or roll up my hair in the evenings. The next morning, I take the hair down, comb through, and go.

I have a chin length bob, with bangs.

northernbelle

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
About 5-10 minutes. I just comb out the rollerset from the night before and a little sheen or serum and go

Isis

Hi Jainygirl! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Well, I must say my speed hasn't picked up much. It's because of this particular style I've been wearing. Unbraiding my hair, moisturizing the ends, braiding it back up still takes about 15 minutes. I can probably cut down the time by moisturizing the ends while it's still braided.../images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif
If I wear my hair loose, it's about half the time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nay

The first day, it takes me about 2 1/2 hours to wash/condition and braid or twist my hair.

But for the next five days after that, it only takes me about 10 minutes to take off my scarf and fluff up the twistout and make sure my edges look neat.

lovelymissyoli

It only takes me about a minute or 2 to finger comb my curls to how I want them to look. However, if I'm styling my hair for the next day, it normally takes 2 hours but I only do that in the evening so I can style it the next day to how I want it.

lisatamika

[ QUOTE ]
2 dang long......never timed it, but just the pony tail is becoming a job these days, arms hurt and errythang..
first put the stuff (whatever im using) all through it...one or two products
then the k cutter
then the reg comb
then the brush
then getting it into the pony tail
then combing through the pony tail again
then adding the srunchies, or twirling it up into the bun.....then brushing/smoothing back the edges, then cleaing up the aftermath

just too dang long at times

[/ QUOTE ]

That's me! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

Ponytails are not as simple as they sound!

itismehmmkay

Night:
It takes me about 30-40 minutes to put in about 30 blue rollers in my head. I usually do this while watching TV.

Morning:
It takes about 10-15 minutes to take the rollers out of my head and then finger-style for hair that'll last all day! This makes the nightly regimen so worth it!

Wash days are a totally different story though. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

model_chick717

Well, my "everyday style" is wash-n-go and I would say that takes approximately 2 minutes...I step out of the shower, put in the products and go!

ubavka123

[ QUOTE ]
The first day, it takes me about 2 1/2 hours to wash/condition and braid or twist my hair.

But for the next five days after that, it only takes me about 10 minutes to take off my scarf and fluff up the twistout and make sure my edges look neat.

[/ QUOTE ]

OT--Nay, your hair looks fabulous in your new pictures! I want to be stuck in that kind of rut! /images/graemlins/wink.gif I almost fainted. You look gorgeous!

Anyway, it takes me too darn long as well. I could be in the Guinness Book for longest ever to do a bun, french twist or ponytail! I am just too much of a stickler. Everything has to be just right! I am dreaming of the day that I can hop out of the shower and be done in 10 minutes!!! Lucky, lucky gals! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

carrie

With my weave in, about 3 hours the day its done (wash, deep condition etc, plus weave) Then about 10mins in the morning there after.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
If we are talking everyday style no more than 5 mins. I moisturize and put it back into a bun.

On wash days it may take anywhere from a 1/2 hour to hour depending on how long I am deep conditioning.

Being on the bun challenge has cut back on the time I spend styling my hair dramatically.

ubavka123

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the compliment, Ubavka /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Isis

Nay, do you wear your beautiful hair loose to bed with the scarf or twist it up every night? When you said you fluff up the twistout and that's all, that sounds very easy to do.