How long does it take you to twist your hair.

How long does it take you to twist your hair?

• 48 hours + (don't do it girl!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19-24 hours (you can do it...maybe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12-18 hours (you can do it... really)

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • less than 12 hours

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Save you arms!! Spend the cash! (Have it don professionally)

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

kittenz

Hi ladies. I would like to kinky twist (with fake hair) my hair this weekend but I don't think I'll have enough time. I did it before and took 4 1/2 days because I was in no rush.:look: I took loooong breaks, played games, went to bed, ate, etc. But this time I only have Friday night and Saturday. I'm no professional so I'm slow but do you think you could do it? When I did my roommates hair it took about 11 hours, excluding breaks. How long does it take for you to braid/twist your entire head? TIA

BTW, I have thick SL hair and a big head. You can check my fotki if you need to look before advising.

ETA: I added a poll.

Last edited:

kittenz

I'm adding hair and yes the time frames are huge, remember I said I'm slow. Hopefully some other not so speedy people will help me out.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I did my own hair and it took about 2 hours. My friend did her medium twists with added hair and it took her 6 hours.

glamazon386

With fake hair at the shop it takes them about 4-5 hours. I'd probably just pay the money. I can't figure out how to add the hair myself nor do I have the patience. I would imagine it shouldn't take you longer than a day though since Kinky Twists are kind of big.

Hair Iam

1 1/2 hrs when my daughter does them(my own hair) about 2 hrs when I do them...of course I stop for breaks. Still this is nothing to the time I hear it takes others to weave and braid extensions.:perplexed

Twisties

For me, it takes 3-4 hours for tiny twists. For medium twists 2 hours.

I used to do my own all the time, but got so tired of it so now I go get mine professionally done at a natural shop. I used to love to do it myself though and if money is tight, I'll force myself or either wear my twistout wig :).

When I twist my nieces hair, it takes 1.5 hours.

lsubabiedee

oh...i havent dont kinky twists or any twists with extra hair, so i dont know if i should have voted. but with my own hair, it takes way shorter than 12 hours...more like 3-4 for very small twists.

Alexis87

I used to do my own, but now I just pay the money. For smaller sized kinky twists with extensions, it takes my hairstylist about 4 hours. As I have gotten older, I just don't have the time or energy to do my own hair. I'd hate to run the chance of getting too tired and not finishing the job. By paying someone else, the job gets done in a few hours and I am still refreshed to do whatever I need to do for the rest of the day or weekend.

Tamrin

unapologetic
About less than 12 hours for me. I have done them 3 times now by myself eachtime it gets faster. Im putting them in twists in October.

200AndOne

I just did mine this weekend too! I did about 3 hours Friday night and about 3 hours on Saturday ... then I ran out of hair. BSS was closed on Sunday so Monday I had to finish up, another 45 mins or so. I was very pleased with the way they turned out - u can do it!

tocktick

it took nearly 4.5hrs to do some long kinky twists (about WL) with extensions. that doesn't include the time spent to prepare my hair to be twisted (blow-drying and detangling).

Last edited:

AsTheCurlzTurns

You know, I keep contemplating on putting kinky/spring twists in my hair using extensions. Even braiding my hair with extensions also. And I haven't even YET done it on my head yet, having too much fun with my hair right now. I felt that putting braids into my hair so soon after my last chop, would defeat the purpose of my learning what my hair likes. But now that I know it loves lots of different products and I know how to work with them, I'm thinking about those twists once again:lol:

But on another note, I've done kinky twists on some relaxed heads and they took me anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours tops(depending on the size of the head). The times can vary depending on the length of the twists also. If I were to attempt those on my own head, I would guessimate it'd take me about 2.5-3 hours tops to do. I can twist my whole head with just my own hair in about 1.5-2 hours.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
it takes me 1 to 2 hours to twist all my hair depending on the size of the twists. My hair is almost armpit length.

Nonie

I've never twisted w/ extensions but just twisting my own hair, it takes me 1-2 hours to do my mini-twists. And then I just never take them out. LOL (Well I do redo them one at a time but otherwise I wear them as if they were sister-locks.)

Fhrizzball

I misread this thread and thought it was taking people 12 hours to twist their own hair w/o extensions.

mini twists (which I will never do again): 4-6 hours
medium twists: 2-3 hours
big twists: 1-2 hours
chunky monkey twists: 30 min at most

I watch movies when I twist so I get distracted and take breaks as well.
I do mine on the dry/damp side on stretched out hair. This is without extensions.