How long does it take you...

OnlyChild

to do your hair, whether you do it at home or go to the salon. Just wondering, because I would like to be able to streamline what I do every four days. Here's what I do:

hot oil/pre shampoo: 60 min
shampoo in shower: 20 min
deep condition w/ heat: 30 min
wash out in shower: 5 min
moisturizing cndtnr: 15 min
wash out in shower: 5 min
braid hair for braidout: 20 min
sit under dryer: 60 min
air dry: 30 min
unbraid & dryer again: 30 min

Total Time Start to Finsh: 4 hrs, 35 minutes

Am I going to slow? How long does it take the rest of you ladies?

G

For me less is more, I learned that from my aunt who all have natural waist length hair

shampoo/condition&deep condition = 30 mins
comb through an oil = 2-5mins
air dry

Thats it! ... my hair gets these cute quarter size ringlets when i just comb my hair a couple of time when damp (my hair doesnt really tangle) and let air dry throught the day. Once its dry I just finger comb.

I'm finding this way I ve seen tremendous growth, then when I do way to many things with my hair. As well as it doesnt consume my whole day

butterscotch

When I condiion wash my hair in the shower, it takes about 20-30 minutes. However, when I am at the salon, It takes about 2 hours for wash, deep condition, roller setting, and drying time (I hate sitting under that dryer).

tc_333

Well, for me, I do an intensive wash day and an easy wash day (or two) per week. So, once a week, I do the preshampoo conditioning (I don't really include this time, because I usually slap it in my hair, then do whatever I was going to do until shampoo time - so it varies from 1 minute to 8 hours), shampoo, protein treatment w/ heat (10 min), moisturizing conditioner w/ heat (30 min.), then style. So approximately 1 hour before styling.

For a short wash, which I do only once or twice a week, preshampoo conditioning, shampoo, moisturing conditioner -- no heat. So this takes about 15-20 minutes in the shower - including body wash time. Then style.

The styling is what takes the most time, and if I roller set, oohhh man!!! But usually I do twistouts, plait outs, and now braidouts. That way the drying can be done overnight. The styling is then about 30 minutes to and hour.

G

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
OnlyChild said:
emgurl --

How often do you wash?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the winter I do my routine every 3 days, and every 2 days in the summer months

Lilydrake

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I hate sitting under that dryer.

[/ QUOTE ] And I don't like sitting there, too.

jrw

Regular Wash:

Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower: 12-15 minutes
Detangle, Oil Hair: 5 minutes
Air dry: Varies from 1 to 2 hours or more depending on if my hair is in a bun, loose or braided

Deep conditioning Wash:

Shampoo: 5 to 10 minutes
Deep Conditioner: 8 to 10 hours (overnight)
Wash out: 2 minutes
Detangle and Oil: 5 minutes
Air Dry: 1 to 2 hours