How long is too long for you?

Misseyl

I don't know how long is too long because I haven't gotten there a yet but too long hair on someone then I'll say below waist is too long.

jbwphoto1

All of this except Waist length is the absolute longest. Whenever I see people with super long hair I know with every fiber of my being that their hair has fallen into the toilet bowl while they were using it at least once.

Could you imagine your hair falling into a public toilet?

:sick:

I wish there was someone at work right now I could share this with! :lachen::lachen:

MarieB

Thanks for all the replies, ladies! I never really gave much thought to what length would be too long until I transitioned. Being a member here has made me more than aware that long-haired sisters are not unicorns, and also made me want to give the backhand kiss to the first person to relax my hair (at age 12).

KinkyRN

I'll happily cross that bridge when I get to it. I just want to bun and have a gorgeous twist out!

LexiDior

For me, to long would be having to hold it up when you use the bathroom. Thats when you have a problem.

brg240

ehh it depends. My hair is tbl and I think it's a bit much honestly. I think mbl-wl are the best longer lengths. I'll probably maintain my hair between wl- hip after i see if i can get classic.

Last edited:

Mahogony7

As long as possible. I'm not limiting myself. I just made APL and it shrinks up to my chin. I have major shrinkage, so the longer the better. I can't wait for it to grow super long!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Depends on the person. I like tbl hair, but usually on taller people. For me, I could try, but it wouldn't last. WL is my limit because my waist is low enough and that will be a lot if hair as it is. I'm at MBL and it will be at least another year before I see WL.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

mshoneyfly

Ultra long hair is good as long as you have good style options. I hate to see people with just straight boring hair. It just doesn't look good to me.

I have a long way to go yet. Im not at APL yet but I believe MBL is possible. Thats as far as I want to go though.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

coolsista-paris

Ultra long hair is good as long as you have good style options. I hate to see people with just straight boring hair. It just doesn't look good to me. I have a long way to go yet. Im not at APL yet but I believe MBL is possible. Thats as far as I want to go though. I LOVE this HHJ!!

we will make it! im relaxing my natural hair next month( i prefer at a salon, which im still looking for) . im bsb but might cut to sl- apl.

i hope from there my hair will take off.

prospurr4

I "think" my goal length is TBL stretched; currently, I'm WL (texlaxed). I will grow it as long as I can maintain a nice, full hemline.

Naturelie

My ultimate goal is CL but if it doesn't suit me or if it's too much work, I guess I'll cut it (if I can achieve this length of course). More than CL would be too much anyway.

Fenaxa

Too long? Maybe floor. I think by then, all that hair would be crazy heavy. Wearing it down wouldn't be good unless you want to wash mice, dust and food containers out of your hair.. and wearing it up or in a bun.. How would you even do that? With help no doubt.

My favorite length is mid-thigh but I'll try to see how far I can grow. Hopefully at least knee length. If I can't wash my hair loose now, it'll be game over then so I'll probably have it braided up if I don't plan to straighten it.

bronzephoenix

I'll stop once I have WL 2sts...
Straightened, that would put me past tbl which would probably be too long for me.
I could always curl it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

nerdography

Hip length. I'm hip length now and it too much, when I get the chance I'm going to have it cut to mid-back or bra-strap length.

joyous

I've been cutting to the top of bra strap. I've worn it longer but like this length best because my ends look thick and healthy when I maintain this length, I have fine hair.

RegaLady

I've been cutting to the top of bra strap. I've worn it longer but like this length best because my ends look thick and healthy when I maintain this length, I have fine hair.

Me too! I was headed to MBL and my hair wasn't looking pretty, plus I feel I look better with hair at around BSL or shorter.:yep:

MzOptimistic

In my heart:lachen:I know WL is too much for me. I have a hard time extending my arm out to flat iron the back of my hair at brastrap so WL is going to be something else. I will probably cut it to MB once it reaches that length and my ends will be saweet:yep: