Votes: 100 20.1%
  • MBL

Votes: 51 10.3%
  • Waist length and beyond!!

Votes: 58 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danewshe

Ok, so I was just going through the hair forum when I noticed that the shoulder length challenge thread had significantly fewer replies than the BSL and APL threads. Does this mean we're all achieving our hair length goals, or has it always been like that?

How long is your hair now?

I'll go first...My hair is currently grazing APL, but I won't know for sure until I flat iron in a few weeks time for my nappiversary 30/01/2013.

NaiyaAi

I'm past APL, but I still claim that because I haven't quite reached BSL yet. BSB, I guess? My goal is BSL by beginning of March, MBL by year's end.

ajoke

I think I'm grazing APL, but I haven't straightened in a while, and I won't for a while yet, so I can't know for sure.

kblc06

I'm grazing WL. I should be there in about a month or two. I hope this is the year that I finally make it to HL+ :woot:

SmileyNY

I cut my hair from just barely grazing WL on a good day (lol) to full BSL. I'm loving the new thickness :)

CurlyMoo

I honestly don't know. I haven't done a straightened length check since early last year. Been plagued with health issues and overwhelmed with work schedule. Hopefully I can do a length check by the end of this month!! The last time I stretched the front and sides were MBL and the back area was past WL.

KaramelDiva1978

So many people at APL!

We graduated from shoulder length! :) I also think with consistent care depending on your starting length, APL is a frequent achievement after about 2 yrs of healthy retention. I BC'D May 2010 to about an inch of hair. Made APL and a little past after a one inch trim in October of 2012. Maybe some is also big chopped around that time or a healthy hair journey.

Angel of the North

I'm at BSB at the moment, well on the way to BSL which I should be reaching by end of March (hopefully).

ETA: I wasn't able to vote in the poll as my hair is none of the length options

LightEyedMami

I'm past APL, but I still claim that because I haven't quite reached BSL yet. BSB, I guess? My goal is BSL by beginning of March, MBL by year's end.
^^^^ THIS is me exactly:yep:

Im currently veryyy close to BSL, but i still claim APL...and i def. plan to be MBL by december of this year.

LexiDior

I'm almost to NL!!!!!!!!!!! Two months ago i was still EL so im excited to feel my hair on my face again.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
CBL aiming for APL by Summer.

Eta: Just found my nape is just touching APL. I'm claiming...don't curr! Lol

Aiming for BSL by year's end.

Last edited:

lacreolegurl

I'm grazing MBL. :grin: I'm excited. I haven't seen this length (or health) since I was a kid. I plan to be WL by the end of the year. :yep: