How long should I wait before texlaxing again?

luvovcandy

I texlaxed my hair on January 30 but I still have some thick and hard to manage hair in the middle of my head. I prefer relaxing because I like the straight hair. When is it safe to texlax again?

I would like to know too, I texlaxed jan 16th but cuz I was natural for a long time I was paranoid and told the stylist to wash out after only ten min I would like to texlax again cuz my hair is still extremely curly and thick when I wash and like wearing my hair straight!

First time I texlaxed my virgin hair it wasn't as stretched as I wanted so I waited a week and did it again. If you prefer relaxing and straight hair why are you texlaxing?

First time I texlaxed my virgin hair it wasn't as stretched as I wanted so I waited a week and did it again. If you prefer relaxing and straight hair why are you texlaxing?
This was the first time I texlaxed. I dont think I did it right because it is still hard to manage in the middle. I want to know if it is safe to do it again this weekend. You have beautiful hair by the way.:yep:

hmmm... I texlaxed on feb 1st- I noticed yesterday that my hair is still really full. My hair was virgin also.

Not really interested in texlaxing anytime soon.. but I don't know.

That is a good question.

There aren't hard fast rules on when a retouch should be done, it's about about personal preference.

I just texturized (about 50-60% texture release) again after a 16 week stretch but I never wear my hair straight and only detangle/comb in the shower. When I was texlaxed 2 years ago (about 80% texture), I'd retouch about every 10-12 weeks but I wore my hair straigther so managability was definitely a factor.

One rule of thumb i'd follow was if I started to notice more than 3/4" new growth, it was time to retouch because the stress on the demarcation line would start to be too much for my hair and would result in breakage.

It's going to largely depend on styling preferences and hair type. My strands are thin and VERY tightly coiled (FRAGILE) so I can't go too long or I start hearing
Snap*Crackle*POP. :nono:

HTH

Back