How long...

Kaela

...must a substance remain on your scalp for you to recieve the full benefit of it (i.e. through absorption through the scalp)? For example, conditioners with essential oils and herbs as their ingredients, how long should the conditioner stay on so that you get the benefit of the herbs/oils (and not just the conditioning agents)? Minutes...hours?

I was thinking about this today because I came across an oldie but goodie, Sulfur 8 grease. A lot of people won't use it because of the petroleum, but most will agree that the beneficial ingredient is the sulfur itself. What if you used a small amount of this as a preshampoo? Or left if on overnight? Would you gain the benefit of the active ingredient w/o having it in for a long time?

I'm particularly interested in this in regards to EOs...

Leshia

I used Sulfur 8 when I first got to Korea. The weather was getting cold and my scalp felt dry so I resorted to it. My hair thrived. Some people don't like it, but I do. The petroleum did not a negative thing for me. I've only stopped using it since I've been air drying. My scalp is itching a ton, since using castor oil and taking PPB so I'm thinking about using it again. I'm sure someone will correct me if they know differently, but I think it's all a matter of what works for you...seriously. It's all a trial and error sort of thing... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sweetcocoa

Castor oil made my scalp itch also. I only use it on my hair. I used Sulphur8 years ago. After I shampooed I would use it in my parts as I roller set my hair. I would then get under the dryer. I use to like the way it tingled. I only did this once a week and my hair thrived. The smell was usually gone after one day. I was actually thinking about doing this again on the days I do a wet set.

happylocks

Hey I was just thinking about this, I have some S8 and want to know how long I should keep it on, I dont wash it out, but I do apply it then wear a plastic Cap, I want to use it and castor oil and want to wash it out daily, but I dont know how long I should keep it in, any more suggesting would help thanks