How many conditioners do you cowash with?

jetbeauty09

I saw a Youtuber w/BSL use at least 3 different conditioners in one session!!!:yep::yep::yep:

I've seen people do this before but never equated the amount of conditionners you use as to how much you length you retain. I don't know but what you think? How many conditioners do you use when you do your daily cowash sessions?

Mrs. Verde

I use tons of different conditioners to cowash, but never at the same time. Interesting:think:. I may have to try it.

Summer79

I have one that I use when I get my hair soaking wet to do the actual "wash" it's usually very thin and cheap, I have a thicker one I put on after that and leave it sit for a few (while I do my other shower business) that I detangle with. My last one is whatever I'm using at that time for a leave in. That can change often for me because I mix things in depending on what my hair needs at that time.

Fhrizzball

Now mixing stuff into one conditioner I can understand but using multiple sounds sort of wasteful and I would think you wouldn't really know which one is working. THough I use multiple leave in so maybe it's the same concept?

Grand Prix

I've used a moisturizing conditioner after feeling I was too high on protein after a DC very few times, but I wouldn't use multiple conditioners.
One should do the job, otherwise, get one that works for you.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I only us one conditioner during a cowash session. I guess I never thought about mixing for cowashing but I have mixed for dc.

757diva

I only use 2 but not at the same time..j/a/s/o/n tea tree condish with some peppermint added then GVP Nexxus Humectant or whatever its called lol These are the two that I will only use and continue to rebuy unless they change formulas

Truth

Pretty much the same here.. I use many for co washing however at the same time.. nah.. One already does the job.. why use another? hey different strokes for different folks

Jade Feria

I have one that I use when I get my hair soaking wet to do the actual "wash" it's usually very thin and cheap, I have a thicker one I put on after that and leave it sit for a few (while I do my other shower business) that I detangle with. My last one is whatever I'm using at that time for a leave in. That can change often for me because I mix things in depending on what my hair needs at that time.
I do this too sometimes, depending on the state of my hair. The most I've used in the same sitting is two different bottles of conditioner.

*Muffin*

Just one. I'm a minimalist. When I have more than one thing that does the same thing as another, it kind of makes me short circuit :lachen:. I have one conditioner for rinse-out, one conditioner for deep conditioning, and one conditioner for for leave-in. It's the stuff I add to it that makes it special :yep:.

sharifeh

I have a problem of using too many condishes simultaneously. :lol:
I stopped though and i think my hair is better for it. Now I stick to aussie moist for co washing plus my DC.

jetbeauty09

Pretty much the same here.. I use many for co washing however at the same time.. nah.. One already does the job.. why use another? hey different strokes for different folks

It seems she was following what the majority of ladies are doing who use multiple conditioners during one session. One to “wash” and one to condition. But that third one was the kicker. The way she applied all of them made me want me eat her hair!!! Her hair was so luscious! I tried it last night but I only used 2, one reconstructor and one moisturizer. For it being only the first time, my hair enjoyed it J

Taina

I just use one now, i'm trying to finish all my products in this year so i focus in a KISS regi

Toy

I use 2 conditioners together most of the time but when i use my Joico its by itself.

MummysGirl

I have done this a couple of times... not for any particular reason. I cowashed with conditioner A once, felt like I needed another conditioner l liked and cowashed with that.

I usually DC on dry hair and cowash after.

NaturalKMichelle

Yeah, I do the same exact thing. So, I can see how you could use three different conditioners during one wash session.

Jade Feria

I have a problem of using too many condishes simultaneously. :lol:
I stopped though and i think my hair is better for it. Now I stick to aussie moist for co washing plus my DC.
I :love: Aussie Moist for cowashes! So much so that I had to get the giant container!

camilla

I use two first v05 tea therapy line/clarifying cond twice (knock off wen) rinse then either aussie moist or suave tropical coconut/humectress nock off for moisture

Last edited:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I only use one conditioner to co-wash, TIGI Moisture Maniac (or sometimes my Trader Joe's Nourish Spa).

I have heard of some people using a light cheapie conditioner to "wash" with and then using a heavier emollient conditioner to condition with.

Personally, I just knock it all out with one.

BostonMaria

I usually co-wash with Suave coconut conditioner. It seems to be the only conditioner that is gentle enough to co-wash, yet cheap enough that it doesnt' hurt my feelings or wallet LOL I refuse to co-wash with any expensive products, especially not one that I have to pay shipping for.

I do use a leave-in after I'm done co-washing.