How many conditioners do you use when deep conditiong?

s_terry

I think I am loosing my mind, but hey my hair is soft and moisturized!:p

Wash day today and I washed as usual and followed with the following conditioners.

1. Aubrey Organics GPB- Protein
2. Alter Ego Garlic- Anti-Shedding
3. Alter Ego Coconut conditioner mixed with Organic Coconut Oil- Moisture

Currently sitting in a heat cap.

I will also use Salerm 21 for a leave in when I finish

I usually user 2 conditioners and a hot oil when conditioning. I plan on relaxing soon so I want it to be as healthy and elastic as possible.

What about you ladies. How many do you use?

Isis

I just use one conditioner to deep condition my hair - Humectress. I use a leave-in afterwards, Headress or Biolage Leave-in Hair Tonic.

MizaniMami

NO!!! You're not doing too much. I use 2 conditioners ALWAYS. I use Aveda Damage remedy poo, treatment, and conditioner in a wash. I have found my results to be SOOO much better doing this.

cocowhite

Depends on how I feel, I may use one conditioner Kenra MC or my mixture of CON/AtOne botanical/NTM deep conditioning or herbal essence in the pink bottle.

s_terry

MizaniMami, gorgeous hair! I am reading more and more about the Aveda damage remedy and it's got me to wondering :cool: Goodness you all have turned me into a product junkie!

Thanks for answering ladies. Anyone else?

Faith

It depends. If I use protein then 2 (the protein then a moisturizing one). If no protein then just the moisturizing one.

Angelicus

For me, if I need to use two, that means that the first one isn't effective at what it's supposed to do. I use homeade protein pre-treatments and moisturizing conditioners for deep conditioning.

camellia

I use either Humectress or Keraphix with a little warmed olive oil or avocado oil and honey whipped in.

MizaniMami

s_terry said:
MizaniMami, gorgeous hair! I am reading more and more about the Aveda damage remedy and it's got me to wondering :cool: Goodness you all have turned me into a product junkie!

Thanks for answering ladies. Anyone else?

Synthia

Each weekend I deep condition with 2 treatments:

1. Protein (Emergencee or Aphoghee)
2. Moisturizing Conditioner (and really rich, thich humectant conditioner).

I leave each on for 20 to 30 minutes under a heat cap or bonnet dryer.

LABETT

I deep condition my hair twice a week and only us one.
A protein treatment first day of the week and a moisturizing one at the end of the week.
I am a conditioner Junkie and I rotate several different protein and moisturizng conditioners.

secretdiamond

I guess you would say I'm a conditoner junkie. I always dc with 2 con's: ORS RP and Porosity Control whenever I poo. For light protein, it's Keraphix & for heavy protein, it's Emergencee, each along with the ORS & PC.

Allandra

I only use one conditioner when I do a deep conditioning (Aubrey Organics GPB - my favorite deep conditioner).

Nanyanika

I mix a creamy reconstuctor along with a moisturising conditioner so its like two treatments in one it saves soo much time and i get the best of both worlds= strength and moisture.

s_terry

Den1, your hair is so pretty! I am sure you have mentioned it before, but what reconstructor do you use? TIA

Queenie

I use one and coconut/olive oil. Sometimes I mix in other things like honey, egg yolk, aloe, etc.

jasmin

Lately I've been using 2.

I use Keraphix or ORS mayo to whip my hair back in shape and then a silk moisturising conditioner.

When I use ORS I put that on first and the silk con on top and deep conditioner all at once.

Arcadian

I use 2, but I mix mine together.

ORS Pak
Keraphix

Lately I've been mixing in a tablespoon of oil; either olive or coconut. either one works very well.

I heat it up in the microwave for 20 seconds then apply it to my wet hair and leave on for ...dunno... few hours:confused:

I just always try to make sure that If I have to DC I don't have to go anywhere for a while.

Then I rinse with cool water and use my usual stuff.

for me that works just fine, but for some others that may be too much. I think because my hair is getting heavier it can handle this easily. It didn't used to be able to.

-A

Nanyanika

s_terry said:
Den1, your hair is so pretty! I am sure you have mentioned it before, but what reconstructor do you use? TIA
Thank-you! I use Affirm sustenance fortifying conditioner