How many different Product Lines do you use?

mohair

I had a stylist once tell me that in order to get the best results you should use products from the same product line. Any thoughts on this? The reason why I was asking is because I noticed on roundbrush.com that they sold combo packages and I was wondering if it would make a difference before I made the investement.

charmtreese

I have 5 main product lines I use at least once a week

WEN
Jessicurl
Ojon
Jane Carter
CHI

and then I have 3 that I use occasionally

ORS
Aphogee
Redken

I have chosen the best products in each line for my hair. Unfortunately, there is not one line that has it all...however Ojon and Jane Carter come close!

Evazhair

Ideally this is true because each product is like a step that leaves residue for the next product to "work with" poo-->deep conditioner--> leave in, etc.
However, I used only Keracare products for years, and it stopped working for me. I started to realize that my hair hates setting lotion and had hard water issues, so I had go outside of keracare. All of the products should work well for you if you stick with one line. I use things from quite a few lines (read: I have a serious PJ stash), but the products are compatible and my hair is thriving. So it depends on the individual. I think it's ok to use different lines together as long as the products are "compatible"

A word of advice: Dominican shampoos may be very harsh. I don't use them. When I first tried Dominican products, I only bought deep conditioners and leave-ins. Don't feel like you have to use the shampoos for results, because you don't.HTH

mohair

Ideally this is true because each product is like a step that leaves residue for the next product to "work with" poo-->deep conditioner--> leave in, etc.
However, I used only Keracare products for years, and it stopped working for me. I started to realize that my hair hates setting lotion and had hard water issues, so I had go outside of keracare. All of the products should work well for you if you stick with one line. I use things from quite a few lines (read: I have a serious PJ stash), but the products are compatible and my hair is thriving. So it depends on the individual. I think it's ok to use different lines together as long as the products are "compatible"

A word of advice: Dominican shampoos may be very harsh. I don't use them. When I first tried Dominican products, I only bought deep conditioners and leave-ins. Don't feel like you have to use the shampoos for results, because you don't.HTH

Very helpful.. Thanks

bbdgirl

i use about 3 product lines

but I find that the mot important thing that helps me is clairifying and chelating on a regular basis to keep my locs free from build up. I have fine to mdium hair and am heavy handed with products

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Right now I use:

-Alterna, Porosity Control and ORS poos
-Dove, shescent it, hairveda, Organix and Naked Naturals for co washes
-shescentit, Silk Elements and Alterna for deep conditioner
-shescentit and LTR leave ins

I don't think it's necessary to use everything in a product line, just mix and match to suit your needs :yep:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I tend to use shampoo, conditioner (CON) from the same line but that's it. I have deep conditioners, protein treatments, cream oil moisturisers, activators...probably about 8-10 different product lines for use as and when they are needed.

morehairplease

Right now I use:

-Alterna, Porosity Control and ORS poos
-Dove, shescent it, hairveda, Organix and Naked Naturals for co washes
-shescentit, Silk Elements and Alterna for deep conditioner
-shescentit and LTR leave ins

I don't think it's necessary to use everything in a product line, just mix and match to suit your needs :yep:

tiffers sweetie

what particular products are you using from these lines?

tia,
tishee

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
tiffers sweetie

what particular products are you using from these lines?

tia,
tishee

From the Alterna line I use Hemp Shine Shampoo and Hemp Hydrating Conditioner. I like the shampoo, it doesn't have SLS, it has a thick lather, smells nice and citrusy, doesn't dry out my hair and it really did make my hair shine! The conditioner moisturized okay, didn't provide any slip though. I'm glad I got it for free, cause if I had paid 25 bucks and it didn't work, I'd be thoroughly po'd!

From Naked Naturals I use the moisturizing Awapuhi and the strengthening Citrus conditioners. I haven't tried the citrus one yet, but the Awapuhi conditioner was blah. No slip, hardly any moisture. I'm gonna add honey and JBCO to it and use it up for co washes :ohwell:

morehairplease

From the Alterna line I use Hemp Shine Shampoo and Hemp Hydrating Conditioner. I like the shampoo, it doesn't have SLS, it has a thick lather, smells nice and citrusy, doesn't dry out my hair and it really did make my hair shine! The conditioner moisturized okay, didn't provide any slip though. I'm glad I got it for free, cause if I had paid 25 bucks and it didn't work, I'd be thoroughly po'd!

From Naked Naturals I use the moisturizing Awapuhi and the strengthening Citrus conditioners. I haven't tried the citrus one yet, but the Awapuhi conditioner was blah. No slip, hardly any moisture. I'm gonna add honey and JBCO to it and use it up for co washes :ohwell:

thanks sweetie!

LivingDoll

Although I'm relatively new to the forum (although I don't feel like it), I started using NTM...then I switched to Elasta then I tried a few other things. In refining my regimen, I've narrowed my products to Elasta, ORS, CON and Elucence.

Although I mainly use Elasta, I switch it up. So far I have yet to find a line that gives me the consistent results that I want. I get the best results from choosing the best things from different lines...but I use Elasta and ORS the most.

audacity.

I use about 4 or 5...let's see...

Motions
Mane and Tail
Suave
Infusium
Hollywood Beauty

these are my main products/lines

chebaby

i use CON shampoo
keracare deep conditioner
Joico for protein
salerm 21 for leave in

for co wash i use suave
HE LTR and HH
i also have vo5 i have to use up

but i was thinking of just stick with the keracare line except for my Joico for protein. but i have to use up my other products if i decide to do so

lovinmylocs

It feels like 50-11, I'm a pj and if someone recommends a product on the board I'll go and buy it. I only stopped myself once and that is because it was too $$ for me.

I am starting to get into the whole "stick to one line" thing just because I think it's better for my hair and pockets. What I have now works putting things together.

kimster

Too Many To Count! Lets see what I have... Joico, Nexxus, Redken, Jane Carter, Kenra, Design Essentials, Phyto, Kerastase, Ellin Lavar, Herbal Essence, Pantene, ORS, Paul Mitchell, Chi, Break Thru, Bumble and Bumble, Mizani, Philip B, FHI, Frederic Fekkai, Aveda, and Kiehls. And yes I use something from every line. I switch product lines often, I'm mindful of ingredients so I only select what suits my hair. Routine Regime needed ASAP!:nono: