How many ladies in Germany

Southern Belle

My name is Angie. :grin:

we lived in Landstuhl-Atzel, up on Berlinerstrasser. I LOVED it - until it started snowing and you had to fight your way up "the hill" (and you KNOW which one I'm talking about!) That was serious bid'ness right there! :lachen:

Who did your hair when you were there? I went to New York Styles for a HOT minute until they gave me the WORST setback in the history of the world! That's when I started doing research to do my own hair and stumbled upon this site. I lurked for about two years (yeah I'm cheap!) but I broke down and subscribed and the rest is history.:yay:

PinkPeony

Hi just checking in.
Actually I lived around Ramstein AFB (thx to Hubby) for almost a year.
I'am german(East-German and yes that's a HUGE difference lol) and live since two yrs in the states.

CurlyMoo

Olsterholz Shambeck, near Bremahaven

I've been back since my teens, but spent my childhood there. Where you grow up becomes a part of who you are. I still eat mayo on my fries much to the disgust of my friends. Also, when I lived in L.A my landlord's were German and we got along so well. They were bluntly honest and friendly just like me. My blunt honesty still shocks people here, but I noticed I get along very well with european people better...

OMG! I love mayo on my fries. Is that the way the Germans eat their fries? :lick: I'll be visiting Stuttgart and Baden-Württemberg this year.

Last edited:

preciouslove0x

This thread is so interesting. I love to hear about peoples experiences/lives from different countries. Glad I found it. Thanks ladies!

UrbainChic

Hey guys, I am in Berlin Germany!

I grew up in NY but have family out in Frankfurt/ Karlsruhe/ Heidelberg areas

I love it here, Everytime I leave I feel really sad. I'm still learning the language and I am looking to make a more permanent transition here. ( everyone loves visiting the Ausländerbehörde)

JKSprite

Hellllloooooo :)

I'm in Ramstein (I live in Landstuhl, work in Ramstein)... Nice to see this old thread revived. I've been here for 2 years, still have 3 more to go :)

SimJam

Not in germany now, but I spent 2 months in Dresden for school. I loooooved it. Loved the food (especially the meat stews, bread and cheeses), the architecture and the shopping!!!

but most of all I enjoyed the outdoors, hiking, fishing, boating, gardens ... Im an environmentalist by profession so I was literally in heaven

CurlyMoo

I'll be visiting Baden-Württemberg in August. More specifically Stuttgart and Villingen-Schwenningen. Is anyone familiar with that area?

metro_qt

I'll be visiting Baden-Württemberg in August. More specifically Stuttgart and Villingen-Schwenningen. Is anyone familiar with that area?

I actually lived in Tubingen and Stuttgart for 6 weeks... but that was a long time ago. very pretty place.

Rossy2010

We relocated to Nigeria from Germany end of last year but we visit Germany every 3 months for 4 weeks. I lived in Germany for 7 years. 3 year in München and 4 years in Köln.

I dont like the water it was kinda hard and contributed to my shredding maybe i should wash my hair with the bottle water next time:yep:

UrbainChic

The water here is insane. I need a shower filter, and some industrial super duper chelating shampoo. I have never had so much trouble with my hair!

lovely_locks

hallo. my dad was af i lived there back in 94. i lived in spahngdalem (sp) i use to be fluent now i only know random words. the smell of cows and flowers remind me of germany.

Fab_Nikki

I lived in K-town (Kaiserslautern) for 3 years and graduated from high school there (1997). We lived right downtown K-town and I looooved shopping on the economy. Another thing I love was the fact that the elderly there are soooo active. I've seen people who appear to be in their 80s+ walking, riding bikes and just enjoying life. Plus traveling to other countries is amazing.

As a teen I took it for granted and complained about only having one AFN channel when we first got there. But now I would love to visit, possibly live there. Transitioning back to the states was weird. I wanna go back now. :sad:

Fab_Nikki

The water here is insane. I need a shower filter, and some industrial super duper chelating shampoo. I have never had so much trouble with my hair!

We use to wash our hair with water in jugs. LOL I don't recall ever just drinking water out of the tap. I was a water snob when I got back to the states. :lachen:

UrbainChic

Hey Curly Moo!

Shower filters have to be installed to replace the existing showerhead. How long will you be staying?

If its 2 weeks or less, you and your hair should be fine. It took me almost 2 months of my hair being exposed to the water every other day before my hair started waving the white flag.

HTH

ETA: I have done numerous short trips to Germany, and noticed, I didnt feel as satisfied with my washes and cowashes but always chalked it up to not being home. Still think a short trip will be okay.

CurlyMoo

Hey Curly Moo!

Shower filters have to be installed to replace the existing showerhead. How long will you be staying?

If its 2 weeks or less, you and your hair should be fine. It took me almost 2 months of my hair being exposed to the water every other day before my hair started waving the white flag.

HTH

ETA: I have done numerous short trips to Germany, and noticed, I didnt feel as satisfied with my washes and cowashes but always chalked it up to not being home. Still think a short trip will be okay.

I will be there a little over a week. So you are saying my hair will be fine?

UrbainChic

Yeah, I dont think 1 week, even if you wash everyday is enough to have serious build up to the point of a disaster or setback. At worst, you hair might feel a little bit off, but it will go back to normal as soon as you go home :)

I hope you enjoy your stay btw!

kaykaybobay

There is a chance I could be moving to Hamburg to live - pretty much If I do not use some type of filter I will have trouble correct?

Anaksunamon

Hallo Alle!

I spent half my childhood in Germany. My mom is German. All her family still lives there. I lied in Ohmenheim, Giessen and Augsburg.

I speak Swaebisch! LOL

Prelude to a Kiss

M'Baku School of Wakandan White Silencing
Hallo und wie gehts! I've been in Mannheim for about a year and a half. Loving every moment of it. And to the poster that mentioned brochen, I'd rather eat that than regular bread.