How many of you attend church?

Do You Attend Church regularly?

• Total voters
I enter for the message and invitation only...

Christians (the ppl) can be very annoying and all I came to do was listen to my pastor.

I would encourage everyone here who doesn't like to go to church because of the hypocrites to do the same...

People are idiots, but His word is real. You don't have to stick around for the singin and stuff, just go to learn.

PinkPebbles

I enter for the message and invitation only...

Christians (the ppl) can be very annoying and all I came to do was listen to my pastor.

I would encourage everyone here who doesn't like to go to church because of the hypocrites to do the same...

People are idiots, but His word is real. You don't have to stick around for the singin and stuff, just go to learn.

Hey Girly-

God created mankind...He created us out of love and in His image. God demonstrates His love, kindness, compassion, healing, favor, and promotions for us through people - ( doctors, lawyers, pastors, our neighbors, employers, friends, family, etc.). and these same people are sitting in the church pews!

We need each other to build God's kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. A kingdom divided against each other cannot stand.

For every bad person you (generally speaking) meet, a good one will follow.

Prime example: during a meet and greet last Sunday this lady would not shake my hand and did not want to be touched by anyone. I was like :blush: but this sweet lady came from my right and embraced me as if she knew me for years!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I'm non-denominational as well .. Sunday. Wed Bible Study..conferences of all kinds. :yep:

blazingthru

I think I posted already, but just in case I didn't yes I go every saturday and every wednesday and I will probably start going on Fridays for Choir rehearsal and vespers services as soon as I figure out what vespers mean. but I love going to service for the word, for the singing and for the people. The people are funny .some are so mean its amazing they made it in the building ---look right in your face and act as if they didn't see you and I think its funny. When I catch them I make sure I smile and say happy sabbath and good morning and keep it moving. I treat the haters with as much love as they will let me and I press on. But for me service is a chance for me to serve others as well in whatever capacity is needed at the time. I am fired up to be there and grateful I can worship freely and so Amen. I am here, this is how I am looking and feeling when I walk up in the building. Almost all the elders know me by name. I don't know theirs yet but I'm working on it. The pastor and his wife included

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

The people are funny .some are so mean its amazing they made it in the building ---look right in your face and act as if they didn't see you and I think its funny. When I catch them I make sure I smile and say happy sabbath and good morning and keep it moving. I treat the haters with as much love as they will let me and I press on.

It is very annoying to meet evil, stupid people right in G-d's house. When it's time to give the sign of peace and people look at your brown face like you just sneezed a booger laden with H1N1 into you hand then are extending it to them... :look:

Sometimes you get that handshake that is tip-of-fingers only and you can smell that latent racist fear. Some will act as though you aren't there...and they are directly behind you...directly! Our pews are very shallow so there's no excuse. It's not like I'm 10 feet away. You just find another to give the sign of peace to and focus on self from that point on. A great revenge is kneeling and you are breathing down their neck and they keep doing the side eye :lachen: Hey, you're supposed to kneel.

Eh, I go there to receive Christ as commanded. Now, how they have prejudice actions and thoughts just before and then go ahead and receive the eucharist...well, it's not my problem. It's also not my problem they think they need to move their purses to the opposite side as though 1500 people wouldn't pulverize me for stealing from her pockybooky in plain view.

Nor is it my problem, as once happened, when people do not move down the bench nor let you into to the end when the rest of the bench is empty. I was very preggers and this lady ignored me. There were folks behind that stupid women who squeezed themselves like a lemon to allow me to get in - the entire row! LOL. They were probably just as disgusted as me.

Morons and jerks abound at church, especially the racist ones...Blacks included:grin:. It only takes one...but thank G-d the majority aren't like that. But if it weren't for Christ reminding me I'm not perfect, I'd kill folks out in the parking lot lol

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

I was raised in the church and don't feel proper when I don't go..I find that church can save people by aiding them with knowledge..but then it all depends on your leader...I couldn't go to a church where I don't respect the pastor...I have had that happen not a nice thing..

CoilyFields

God called us to assemble ourselves and that was for a bunch of reasons.
REMEMBER: we are called to PRACTICE our christianity and if we cant even do that among the believers how are we going to show the world. God lets us know to embrace and love those with the bad attitudes and stank looks, not avoid them...cuz at some point in our lives WE have been the ones with a bad attitude and stank look and imagine how much better we would have felt if instead of avoiding us one of our sisters or brothers loved on us with genuine concern?

CoilyFields

Oh and I go to church on sundays, tuesday night bible study, try to attend wednesday night feed the hungry at least once a month, and thursday night choir rehearsal. May seem like a lot but I go to work for 8 hours every day 5 days a week, and take time out for dance class etc. so why not church?