How Many Relaxed Heads are Waistlength or Hiplength in Here?

Are you Relaxed and Waistlength or Longer?

• Yes I am relaxed and waistlength

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Yes I am relaxed an Hiplength

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • No, I was once relaxed and Waistlength or Hiplength

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Rahddah rahddah rahddah....

Votes: 84 80.8%

• Total voters

SmilingElephant

I'm noticing that there are a truckload of naturals in here that are waistlength or hiplength...to me it seems like there's more naturals than relaxed heads.

So...me being a relaxed head....i'm asking ONLY the relaxed heads OR PREVIOUSLY relaxed heads to tell me how they reached these lengths while being relaxed.

I'm not trying to discriminate....bc i do adore natural hair.....but Iwanna see some Relaxed Repunzels up in herre.

Love ya Ladies!

that_1_grrrl

There are a lot of relaxed heads in here that are waistlength. I actually thought there were more of them than there were naturals with waistlength hair.

BeautifulFlower

There are a ton of relaxed waistlengthers (some have not re-subscribed but are well known):

Traycee
Macherieamour
PacificPurinsesu
sylver2
silverlotus (MBL)
SweetCashew
2Cute!
Dsylla (texlax)
Babygurl
Candy_C
Lonei
mochamadness

There are more however....

SmilingElephant

I forgot to mention that i already know those 3:blush:....but i wanna know if there's anymore?

:drunk:Traycee is what inspired me to reach Waistlength.....however...i hope to be scraping Hiplength by the end of the year.:drunk:

LayneJ

Zanna, Unlvgirl, SweetCashew, and I *think* Lavender is WL, or pretty close to it.

:yep: I don't see too many waistlength naturals.

On the board? Actually, it seems pretty even here. Without doing a search, I know PinkSkates, MissMarie, FlowerHair, Cichelle, Velvet, Que, Lucia, Chicoro, Pokahontas, Irrestistible, EmpressRi, HisDaughter, TrueQueen, Starr, and Jynkx are WL+. I think the thing is that it seems as though many of the WL+ naturals don't post as much as the WL+ relaxed ladies.

onejamifan

I'm currently WL, relaxed and on my way to HL :) If you go to the WL challenges, you can see pictures of many relaxed ladies who are at WL or close to it.

I relax every 3 months, use garlic oil on my scalp before most washes, wash / rollerset only 1x week and keep my hair in a pony, french twist or bun. I only wear my hair out when it is freshly washed or on special occasions. I try to DC with every wash or at least 2x month. Color my hair with Colourshines by Sebastian and switched from no-lye to lye relaxer just last touch up (in Nov.) Plan on getting another touch up and trim at the end of this month. I also moisturize my ends a couple of times a week, seal with oils and sleep on a satin pillow case, which has kept my ends looking alright as I've not had a trim since Dec' 07.

HTH!

Attachments

• hairchronicles 001.jpg
    hairchronicles 001.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 347
  • hairchronicles 007.jpg
    hairchronicles 007.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 277

AVE One

I'm currently WL, relaxed and on my way to HL :) If you go to the WL challenges, you can see pictures of many relaxed ladies who are at WL or close to it.

I relax every 3 months, use garlic oil on my scalp before most washes, wash / rollerset only 1x week and keep my hair in a pony, french twist or bun. I only wear my hair out when it is freshly washed or on special occasions. I try to DC with every wash or at least 2x month. Color my hair with Colourshines by Sebastian and switched from no-lye to lye relaxer just last touch up (in Nov.) Plan on getting another touch up and trim at the end of this month. I also moisturize my ends a couple of times a week, seal with oils and sleep on a satin pillow case, which has kept my ends looking alright as I've not had a trim since Dec' 07.

HTH!

Just amazingly beautiful! December 07...wow!

joib

I am relax/texlax and almost waist length. Mid back currently with a couple inches to go.

africa

I'm noticing that there are a truckload of naturals in here that are waistlength or hiplength...to me it seems like there's more naturals than relaxed heads.

So...me being a relaxed head....i'm asking ONLY the relaxed heads OR PREVIOUSLY relaxed heads to tell me how they reached these lengths while being relaxed.

I'm not trying to discriminate....bc i do adore natural hair.....but Iwanna see some Relaxed Repunzels up in herre.

Love ya Ladies!

Great thread. I've noticed the same thing. It seemed like the WSL thread had mostly naturals. Almost all the ones with my coarse 4a/4b hair are natural. Starting to make a sister think real hard about that next touch up:drunk:

Southernbella.

I was relaxed and pretty close to WL:

Hopefully by this time next year, I'll be WL natural. :grin:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I wonder where ya'll came up with the fourth option. It's so funny!:lachen: I'm no where near WSL but I have 4 friends who are. One is natural and the rest are relaxed. They bun everyday! That is their protective style! WSL is too lon for me to keep. I just want to say I got there and keep it at BSL. It will take me 4 or 5 years to get there because I keep BCing my hair!:rolleyes:

_belle

as far as the ladies that are saying they don't see many waistlength naturals, could it be that many of these ladies grew their hair out to like apl or bsl naturally and then relaxed it? because I just imagine wasitlength natural hair being one helluva challenge to deal with everyday. . . (not saying I wouldn't want to face that one:rolleyes:)

cheeks87

I'm relaxed and almost waist length. I think I'll be barely scraping this next touchup and then be officially WSL in a coupla months.