How many supplements/vitamins does everyone take a day?

Crystalicequeen123

I've been wondering this for a while now, because I really want to know if taking multiple vitamins/pills a day is safe or not.

I am currently only taking GNC ultranourishair pills for increased hair growth. I intend to add Women's one-a-day tablets too because I know I don't get all of my daily vitamins and noutrients.

But then, I hear some of the members on this board talking about taking biotin pills, flax seed oil pills, hair skin and nails formula, etc. and I'm just wondering if taking all of these pills at one time is really safe??

How many pills/vitamins can one take a day without getting either sick or having an allergic reaction from them? I mean, I'd like healthier longer hairk, but I don't want to get sick trying! LOL*

I guess my question is ladies: what vitamins do you take a DAY (what dosage) and if you've received good results from this. Because I've heard about how taking some vitamins with others can cause a toxic combination. I don't know...that's just what I've heard. I just want to make sure what I'm doing is safe. I'd love to add biotin pills to my vitamin regimen, but I'm wondering if it will cause a reaction with the Ultranourishair and one-a-day tablets I'm taking.

Nice

I take the Andrew Lessman Hair,Skin, and Nail Vitamin---once a day
I also just started taking Flax Seed Oil

OT: How do you like the Design Essentials with Shea Butter?

Armyqt

Crystalicequeen123 said:
I've been wondering this for a while now, because I really want to know if taking multiple vitamins/pills a day is safe or not.

I am currently only taking GNC ultranourishair pills for increased hair growth. I intend to add Women's one-a-day tablets too because I know I don't get all of my daily vitamins and noutrients.

But then, I hear some of the members on this board talking about taking biotin pills, flax seed oil pills, hair skin and nails formula, etc. and I'm just wondering if taking all of these pills at one time is really safe??

How many pills/vitamins can one take a day without getting either sick or having an allergic reaction from them? I mean, I'd like healthier longer hairk, but I don't want to get sick trying! LOL*

I guess my question is ladies: what vitamins do you take a DAY (what dosage) and if you've received good results from this. Because I've heard about how taking some vitamins with others can cause a toxic combination. I don't know...that's just what I've heard. I just want to make sure what I'm doing is safe. I'd love to add biotin pills to my vitamin regimen, but I'm wondering if it will cause a reaction with the Ultranourishair and one-a-day tablets I'm taking.

Be sure to compare the ingredients in your hair vitamins with the multi-vitamin. They may contain many of the same vitamins and some vitamins taken inlarge doses can be toxic.

I take Andrew Lessman's Hair skin and Nails, Super Chlorella, and 1 tbls Flax seed oil. My vitamin regimen changes all the time, but I alwys take MSM, B-Complex, biotin and chlorella. I've stopped with the separate pills for now because Andrew Lessman's has MSM, biotin and B vitamins.

Lorraine

I take the following. Any more and I would get ill :lol: . The multi vitamin is for overall health

Twin Lab Hair vitamins (3 pills per day)

GNC's Ultra Mega Woman Vitamin (2 per day)

Nice

Armyqt said:
Be sure to compare the ingredients in your hair vitamins with the multi-vitamin. They may contain many of the same vitamins and some vitamins taken inlarge doses can be toxic.

I take Andrew Lessman's Hair skin and Nails, Super Chlorella, and 1 tbls Flax seed oil. My vitamin regimen changes all the time, but I alwys take MSM, B-Complex, biotin and chlorella. I've stopped with the separate pills for now because Andrew Lessman's has MSM, biotin and B vitamins.

In regards to the Andrew Lessman's Vitamin, do you take 1 or 2 vitamins per day?

Thanks in advance

Crystalicequeen123

Nice said:
OT: How do you like the Design Essentials with Shea Butter?

So far I like it. This is the first mild relaxer I've tried, so I don't have anything else to compare it to as far as mild strength is concerned (I usually used to get regular strength relaxers). But so far it's great. My hair feels soft, and it's not BONE straight. You know what I mean? It's straight enough for me. I've noticed that my hair is thicker at the roots too.

Also, I don't get the usual thinning of my hair after a relaxer. Of course my hair isn't as THICK as it is in its natural state, but it's a lot thicker now than it was when I was using Affirm regular strength.

Crystalicequeen123

Thanks for your input ladies.

I've compared the ingredients in nourishair, to the ingredients in one-a-day, and the one-a-day tablet gives me iron, while the Ultranourishair doesn't. That's the only thing I could think of that too much of could make me sick. Also, too much vitamin E can make people sick too. But I don't know how much is too much. :-/

According to you ladies, if I took

-GNC ultranourishair (2 pills/day)
-One-a-Day tablets (1 pill/day)
-Biotin pills (maybe 2 or 3/day)

Would that seem excessive to anyone?? I definitely dont' want to over do it!

Armyqt

Nice said:
In regards to the Andrew Lessman's Vitamin, do you take 1 or 2 vitamins per day?

Thanks in advance

I take 2 a day. Both in the morning with no breakfast. I think the vitamins absorb better this way.

Nice

Armyqt said:
I take 2 a day. Both in the morning with no breakfast. I think the vitamins absorb better this way.

I thought that is was better to take with food :confused:

Nanyanika

Tahitian Noni Juice
Panthothenic acid B5 500MG (1X DAY)
B-100 Complex (1x a day) contains entire b-vits in 100mg increments each.
Amino Acids (6 a day)

senimoni

Off hand, you mostly need to worry about the fat soluble vitamins as opposed to water soluble b/c they will flush out while the fat is stored. However Vitamin C in excess can cause frequent bathroom visits...I know this firsthand.

Also I found this.

Vitamin A

Gorging on this vitamin compound in doses of more than 25,000 IUs (five times the RDA) can lead to liver damage, hair loss, blurred vision and headaches.

Bitamin B-6

Ingesting more than 400 mg a day (200 times the RDA) can cause numbness in the mouth and hands and difficulty in walking.

Vitamin C

It was once believed to cause kidney stones, but experts now say there is no solid evidence of dangerous side effects from vitamin C. High doses can produce stomachaches and diarrhea.

Vitamin D

In daily doses of 50,000 IUs (125 times the U.S. RDA), the sunshine vitamin can cause the buildup of calcium deposits that can interfere with the functioning of muscles, including heart tissue. While sunbathing will never create an overdose, taking too many supplements can.

Niacin

Doctors prescribe doses of 2,000 mg (100 times the RDA) to help lower cholesterol. But patients who take that much should be monitored for possible symptoms of jaundice and liver damage.

Iron

Those who want to bolster their red blood cell count, especially elderly people and menstruating women, have been taking iron supplements for years. Daily doses higher than 100 mg (six times the RDA) could interfere with absorption of zinc, a mineral that speeds wound healing and helps regulate the immune system.

NAY007

I don't take any supplement every single day.

What I do take like every other day is flaxseed oil, salmon oil and I drink lots of Green Tea.

Crystalicequeen123

wow, thanks for that info senimoni. I looked at my GNC pills and my one-a-day tablets, and the mg's don't come anywhere near the "unsafe" zone. So, I guess I can rest easy for now. I still have to check out those biotin pills though.

Ginsana

I take a One A Day Carb Smart Vitamin, A GNC Woman's Multivitamin, One Evening Primrose Oil Pill, One Vitamin E pill

hopeful

Crystalice,
I take nine different kinds of vitamins a day.

GNC Women's Multi (1-2 per day)
GNC Calcium/Magnesium
GNC Biotin
GNC Gelatin
Alpha Liposomething? (recently added)
Fish oil (omega 3 supplement) (recently added)
Evening Primrose
GNC Vitamin E
Vitamin C

I also recently started taking 2 tablespoons of crushed flaxseeds with my cereral or oj.

Last year I took all my stuff to my doctor to make sure everything I was taking was okay and she said it was. I feel bad when I don't take my vitamins. I started taking most of this before I got to LHCF because of major PMS stuff and I know I could not live without most of it. Sorry for not being more specific with dosages etc. but it's late and I'm ready to to do this: :sleeping:
Good luck :sleep8: