Votes: 41 56.2%

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
C

cieramichele

How many textures do you have?

Im transitioning. I have relaxed ends, wavy (under processed I guess) relaxed ends, coils all around with wavier hair at the top. :ohwell:

The other day I was in a girl's fotki and I found out what I THINK my hair will turn out like. I wont post it due to privacy reasons.

Post your different texture shots if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qetesh

i am pretty sure i have 3b,3c, and 4a textures ... alll together

more 3b,3c on top and pretty 4a coils on the mid back section.. or it may be just the size of my curls very alot
u can see the 3b, areas

u can see it again, but to me i think its overall 3c def grows at more
back i think parts of it are 4a

Last edited:

Chromia

I'm also transitioning. Most of my hair is relaxed (bone straight :ohwell:) and I have about 3 inches of unprocessed hair that I've never flat ironed or anything. I've been wearing twistouts.

vestaluv1

Also transitioning so most of my hair is bone straight relaxed but I have about 2 inches of what looks like 4a hair, but I thought I was 4b.
I don't know whats going on :perplexed:ohwell:.

gymfreak336

I voted 4.

I have bone straight relaxed ends- between half and inch and 2 inches left depending on section
I have texlaxed hair, this is most of my length, relaxed about 80-85% straight
I have newgrowth which is 3cish in the crown and 4a everywere else.

divya

more 3b,3c on top and pretty 4a coils on the mid back section.. or it may be just the size of my curls very alot
u can see the 3b, areas

That is some gorgeous hair!!!!!!!

aloof one

I chose 5+ because there are more than what I have in my siggy. I have some 4b hair that is cottony and has a S pattern, and some 4b hair that is rough and has a Z pattern. I have some 4a coils (pencil sized) that are frizzy and some 4a coils that are thick and sleek. I also have some 3c coils that are sleek but wider and can wrap around my finger. Then there are 3b waves that are hiding under the coils, they are huge S shaped waves. Before I texturized they were there but now they are more obvious.

I could probably point to a bunch of folks heads and say I have some of their textures... I have some of ST's hair, some of DSyllas, some of nappity4b and I think I may have stolen a bit of Glamazon's hair too... It looks like I cut and pasted some stuff all around as a matter of fact:perplexed

I'll just say I'm 4b though... :giggle:

Aggie

I believe I have 3 textures right now - relaxed ends, texlaxed - 2 inches, and very thick new growth hair which is about 2 inches now.

After dealing with my hair all these years, I have concluded that not only do I have all types of hair on my head, that my hair also has multiple personalities.:yep:

2 c- disperesed thru out my head in random strands that I try to blend it (Ive yanked a few out of sheer pisstivity) and in a 1 inch patch behind both my ears.
3 a,b,c- Everywhere in large groups. a on the left in the front, b on the right in the front and in the crown, c in the back on the left
4 a- in the back on the right.

Mostly 3b/c but there's room for every type on this bus.

Last edited:

monie20032007

u can see the 3b, areas

Whatever your texture is its sure is pretty!

anon123

At the very nape it's a little different and there are a couple of patches where I have like 5 defined coils each. For real, it's like 4 or 5 coils. Other than that, my hair is 97% uniform cotton. So I feel it would be misleading for me to vote for anything other than 1 texture.

Kay.Dee

4b- edges, part of crown and mixed along with other textures
4a (I think)- everywhere else

excpet for this weird patch at my nape that is soft and straight.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Not counting my bone straight relaxed ends, I have 3 coil patterns:
  • 3b (a little)
  • 3c (a fair amount)
  • 4a (the dominant one)

Platinum

2 textures. Coarse and coarser.:look: Actually, not including the relaxed ends, I'm in the 4's with atleast 3 textures: my edges and nape are dry, tight pen-spring coils. My crown is softer with s-shaped curls in the very top.

Last edited:

gmw

Hair by my ears is more kinky.... the top to the middle almost the back is 4a..... the back I have no idea, I just know it is much straighter then the rest of my head....

AsTheCurlzTurns

I voted as having 2, I started out having 3b/3c. But as it grows, I'm seeing the crown, back and sides of my head is 3c, and the top area looks to be a 4a. That will probably change once it grows more as it's already done showed me I wasn't no where near a 3b anymore LOL

InnerSoul

I have 2 textures:

the back, sides and nape of my hair is 3c -loose waves and looser curls.

the crown area and my front hairline is 4a-springy coils and corkscrews.

naturalgurl

I hate being multitextured, but then again, I'm just happy to have a head of healthy hair!
Hairline- 3b and that's the entire hairline circle
From hairline to almost crown-4a and that's the entire circle
Crown-4b.
Imagine a bullseye and every circle being a different texture, that's what my head looks like! When I wear a puff or pony people tend to look at my "gelled" hair and think my puff is fake because it's so full and nappy. I do love that one thing about having theses textures. It's soft enough to pull up into a puff and thick enough to fill out my puff!

silvergirl

3c mostly

3b mostly in the front and sides but scattered in along with the 3c

i swear to god i also have this 1 inch patch of 3c/4a at the center front hairline. just one inch, it drives me nuts, because its so different from the rest...

the back is much more silkier fine texture( it has more shrinkage when natural). the front is fine/medium texture( has less shrinkage than the back when natural)