How many times is it safe to

cardinalfire

...go through underprocessed hair repeatedly? My hair is healthy, thick, and non-breaking, and I just got a texturizer that I love, except the last few inches. They seem to refuse to process--and they are not damaged, no breakage, no splits. I have already been through it with 2 lye relaxers, left on only for about 5 minutes each, one last night, one 2 months ago.

In a few more months, it is safe to go through it again (just on the ends and new growth) if your hair is resistant to processing?

skegeesmb

I wish I could tell ya CardinalFire. I recently got a texturizer last week. I kept mine in for about 10 minutes and then I rinsed. It came out good. Just wait a bit, you'll probably get a few replies.

I did a search, but I don't know how to paste the links to the page.
You can type this in the search: Can you overprocess underprocessed hair?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Excuse me for hijacking this thread for one second--

Skegeesmb! The board was down when you posted about your texturizer. I can't wait to see the pics. I know it looks great!

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Excuse me for hijacking this thread for one second--

Skegeesmb! The board was down when you posted about your texturizer. I can't wait to see the pics. I know it looks great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I won't have pictures until sometime in December or until I use up my hubby's film. He has quite a few pictures left.

anikalia

Relax your ends and smooth until you see a looser "s" pattern. Don't forget to do a section at a time. Good luck!

soslychic

I too wish I knew how many times it was safe. I had to go through my hair 3 times in an attempt to get it straight, but it STILL came out very curl which now I LOVE and I'm GRATEFUL for the mistake. But that's not gonna happen again, so I'm hoping for good results with my touch up tomorrow.

cardinalfire

Yeah maybe I should just wait it out a bit. After a few touchups, it is bound to loosen a little from the rinse-out. Better underprocessed than over, and better to have full ends and a flat crown than the other way around. Thanks!