How many weeks post relaxer are you?

royalty84

I'm at about 12 weeks...or more. I know I got it relaxed before thanksgiving, but not sure how far. It's growing and my ends are finally healthy! Thank God for that Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 so I can at least comb thru it :giggle:. I'm going until the end of March.

MsCounsel

I just checked the calendar and I am 24 weeks! I'VE NEVER EVER EVER DONE THIS BEFORE. I normally would lose lots of hair going past 6-8 weeks due to breakage at demarcation line.

My goal is to wait until late March/April. My original plan was to relax twice a year. I think my NEW plan is to relax once a year in the Spring for Spring-Fall water activities. I am thrilled. Thank so much to LHCF!!!!!!!

taz007

I am 6 weeks post and attempting to go 1 year. I usually relax every 7-8 weeks so this will be interesting.

Bouncin&Behavin

12 and so far so good. I used to relax every 4 week (OMG), then 6, then 8. I thought I would relax at 12, but my hair is doing just fine.

Gemini350z

I am 20 months post relaxer. Unsure about when I will relax next, I am tempted just to textlax my edges a little, but I dont know.

NIN4eva

I'm only a little over a month I think. But my edges are wild. I may have to just touch up my edges as well. I'm trying to PS as much as possible. Gonna try to make a kanekalon bun today and wear it as a braid.

NIN4eva

10 weeks..the back of my hair is natural..I have relaxer at the top.

That's interesting. I was washing my hair yesterday and thinking about just relaxing the top and sides of my hair in the future as well. When I was natural my hair in the back was almost totally straight, while the rest of my was 4a/b (note sure if I'm a or b, whichever's the kinkiest with the tight spiral). Has anyone heard of any ill effects from relaxing this way? btw, should I start a new thread about this? It would be my first.

yardgirl

I'm 2 weeks post. I may get a weave, If I do I'll go 9 to 11 weeks. Usually I can't get past 7 because I'm just ear length. Unevenness is a *****, every 3 months I get a trim to even me out a little bit. That said, I'm pleased with the growth and retention I've accomplished.

Last edited: