How Money Buys Happiness

michelle81

The only two I can think of are car related: valet vs. self park and Uber vs. bus.

I had the internal debate about Uber vs. bus a few months ago when I walked out of my building to go to work and my car battery was dead. The bus stops right in front of my building, I'd have to transfer to the subway and I had an appointment that day to a location that was on the bus line. Public transportation for three trips (home to office, office to appt, appt to home) would've been $8. Uber, including tip, was closer to $30 and less than half the time it would've taken on public transportation.

I did valet at the airport a few weeks ago because I was running late and I was impressed. It was one of those "why haven't I thought of this before" moments. It was well worth it and I found out I could have gotten my car detailed while gone if I had set it up beforehand. Definitely worth the money for the short trip I had.

IslandMummy

I need someone to fold my clothes. I can do it but I hate folding and ironing. HATE IT! When I do laundry, somethings I hang as soon as they come out the dryer so there are no wrinkles. But the stuff to fold just annoys me.
The day I found wash and fold laundry service was a new dawn. Drop off in the morning, pick up in the evening.

I provide the soap I prefer, snuggle, and KIM.

CurlyNiquee

A couple years back when I was single/no kids, I had a housekeeper who came every three months or so and deep cleaned my apartment for $50. I loved it! I didn’t mind doing surface cleaning but I wasn’t trying to hit window sills and under stove tops lol. This thread just reminded me and now I’m wondering wth I don’t have one now with two toddlers. I can’t seem to keep my townhome clean enough and laundry is never ending.

greight

Has anyone in the Bay Area found a cheap cleaning service? I'm not a fan of Handy and Task Rabbit and they are expensive about $110 to $120 for a studio apartment for about 2 to 3 hrs. My NYC people pay $65 for the same property...

I love a cleaning service but not all cleaners are made equal and I'm having quality issues through the Handy service

LeftRightRepeat

da hell your lawn look like? We get grass, tree trimming and edging front and back $100/month 2 visits

Evolving78

They do but it’s the commercial grade stuff. I prefer a different so I bring my own.
Oh good! Thank you. I’m considering doing this. But I have to work on my timing. I do laundry every week. How does it work with time for someone who needs clothes cleaned at the end of the week?

secretdiamond

How often do they come? Ours comes once a week for $85
Supposed to be once a week or twice a month? Not sure. Our contract does say once a week in the spring and summer and once a month in the winter. I'm just not entirely sure yet if they have started back with once a week. And that was with us negotiating down from $350 twice a month to once a week. They weren't too happy, so I think they sometimes "accidentally" miss a week. Smh.

da hell your lawn look like? We get grass, tree trimming and edging front and back $100/month 2 visits

My lawn isn't even fancy. But it is a lot of grass. Just don't see why some pay $40 or $85 and I'm paying $350. That's a huge difference!

Haha!! I wish! My bill would be way higher. Lol

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
My lawn isn't even fancy. But it is a lot of grass. Just don't see why some pay $40 or $85 and I'm paying $350. That's a huge difference!

Are white people trimming it with scissors? You need some quotes from South of Americans.
Are you in the middle of Beverly Hills only thing that can justify the cost is location. I just
had a quote for $150 to cut my property sitting on an acre!

Last edited:

IslandMummy

Supposed to be once a week or twice a month? Not sure. Our contract does say once a week in the spring and summer and once a month in the winter. I'm just not entirely sure yet if they have started back with once a week. And that was with us negotiating down from $350 twice a month to once a week. They weren't too happy, so I think they sometimes "accidentally" miss a week. Smh.

Haha!! I wish! My bill would be way higher. Lol
$350! where do you live? You can get an entire landscaping crew twice weekly for $350. I feel like you’re being hosed.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Maybe she has a lot shrubbery and landscaping. We have a ton of shrubs, flowers, palms and over the course of a year spend thousands just to for regular trimming, spring pruning, weed control. This is not including the 90 bucks we spend whenever the grass gets cut.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
Maybe she has a lot shrubbery and landscaping. We have a ton of shrubs, flowers, palms and over the course of a year spend thousands just to for regular trimming, spring pruning, weed control. This is not including the 90 bucks we spend whenever the grass gets cut.
$90 just for the cut?

2 words

desert landscape

:lachen: :driver:

Life changing...the only thing better is a lady who will do it for you at home.

between my virtual assistant and an at home wash and fold lady i might not know what to do with myself. Let me go post an ad on Craigslist :giggle: