How much Biotin are YOU taking?

dream13

:hiya: Ladies,

I got a little too excited when I first joined the board, and bought like 6 bottles of Super Biotin (5000 mcg). (I know, I know...but that "Buy TWO, Get FOUR FREE" sale at Puritan's Pride was calling my name. "Dreeeeam, come to me". :lachen: Anywho, I started taking them off and on in October 2006, but was never really consistent with them. A year later, I have 5 1/2 bottles left that won't expire until 2009.

I want to give them another shot (a consistent one, this time around), but 5000 mcg seems like a lot of Biotin. Anybody still taking this much? If not, how much are you taking? TIA!!

Artemis

I do!!! :drunk:

In fact I also take other vitamins that include biotin in their formulas, so my total amount is 6,275 mcg/day. The only issue I have is that my scalp is tingly and ticklish like all the time, but my thickness and growth is off the meter!! :grin:

growth2come

What sort of growth rate are you al getting with this much biotin intake? B/c from what I have read a lot of people seem to be getting really bad skin from this mush intake. I am considering buying biotin but with uni starting I dont think i could face going to uni with really dodgy bad skin:perplexed

KAT25

I wanna take more but I am scared that I will wake up with a beard and a mustache one day and I really couldn't handle that :lachen:

egg200

:hiya: Ladies,

I got a little too excited when I first joined the board, and bought like 6 bottles of Super Biotin (5000 mcg). (I know, I know...but that "Buy TWO, Get FOUR FREE" sale at Puritan's Pride was calling my name. "Dreeeeam, come to me". !

the exact same thing happened to me. I still have 3 full bottles, but I started taking two per day a couple of weeks ago.

Luvmylife

Dang...y'all doin' the d*amn thang with the biotin! I can only get about 500mcgs (or a half a tablet) in a day. Any more, and I start to get those darn face lumps!:perplexed

Extremus

I have a question for ya'll. Did ya'll start taking this much Biotin when you ladies first started taking it? Or did you have to gradually increase the intake?

I take 5000mcg sometimes every day but mostly every other. WOW :eek: some of ya'll are ingesting 7000-10000mcg a day. That's quite a bit but to each his own. If you take that much you MUST drink tons of water.

princesmich

What sort of growth rate are you al getting with this much biotin intake? B/c from what I have read a lot of people seem to be getting really bad skin from this mush intake. I am considering buying biotin but with uni starting I dont think i could face going to uni with really dodgy bad skin:perplexed

I'm so glad you posted this, because, my doctor recommended 1000 mg per day, I've been taking 3000 mcg , my skin is horrible for the past 2 weeks, I was trying to figure out what it was.

dillard

I take 5mg also (actually more cuz I take a B-50 complex and I think my multi also has Biotin) I have not experienced any breakouts from it so far. I started taking it in May and I've had about an inch/month although I'm not positive it's the Biotin but now I don't want to stop, just in case it is!! :) I've been very consistent, in 4months I think I've missed a total of 7 days. I was taking the Country Life brand, when that was done, I switched to Puritan's Pride brand. I heard it was better to switch brands to keep it effective.

Last edited:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
10,000 mcg...so 2 of the 5,000 mcg pills. I make sure to drink plenty of water and also take a B-complex w/ them.

I hate 2 a day as well at 10,000 mcg. I also take B-Complex and a multivitamin with it. I drink at least 70 ounces of water a day. I think doing this wards off breakouts and pimples.

ETA: Dream and qtslim83--you both have GORGEOUS hair! :eek::trophy:

Artemis

Yep, the key is to increase the amt gradually and drink LOTS of water. I hate that I have to go to the bathroom like every 10 min now, but my skin is clear and my hair is growing like weeds. The only other thing besides the tingliness is that my hair is growing like crazy everywhere, so now I have to stay on it when it comes to shaving, waxing, bleaching, tweezing, etc. :perplexed

Oh well, I do what must be done ;)

growth2come

Thanks for the information. If I do go for it I might wait until I finish the Vit I am on now as I couldnt stand to add more tablets to the current four I have. I am taking Mega Vitamins, B-Complex, Silica and Kelp - plus 500g of carrots juiced every morning. They have made a difference to my skin, nails and hair. I am in braids at the moment which I have had for about 2 and half months and I have nearly 2'' of new growth.

jaded_faerie

i use to take 2000mcg...and i had great growth and thickness...2inches in 2months. i started taking 5000mcg 4 days ago, I plan on being consistent taking this daily