How much hair for a weave?

msniq

I am getting a weave next month. It is going to be a braid in and we will be leaving my front out somewhat. I am probably going to get hair from Lugo's. They sell by the oz/lb. I do not know how much I will need. the person doing it usually buys "packs".

Can anyone help me with this? Also I am a bit confused on the textures. I want a relaxed look but not bone straight. I would like to have body but not look too over the top. Think like Halle but not as long.sometimes straight sometimes wavy.

Thanks

*** edit I mean SEWN IN *****

Last edited:

Belladonna

usually I buy about 8 0z ( half a lb) It was suggested that 6- 8 ozs is usually enough.You can ask them to blend two textures. For instance :wet and wavy with a body wave or straight to get a good mix.

asummertyme

when i go there i usuall ask tham for $125-$140 worth of hair, I dont ask for ounces b/c, when i went for the first time with the lady who did my weave...thats how much she asked for so i have always gone by that rule..usually for my curly weaves i like it a bit fuller..so i but 130 dollars worth...good luck!

msniq

asummertyme said:
when i go there i usuall ask tham for $125-$140 worth of hair, I dont ask for ounces b/c, when i went for the first time with the lady who did my weave...thats how much she asked for so i have always gone by that rule..usually for my curly weaves i like it a bit fuller..so i but 130 dollars worth...good luck!

Thanks a lot for the info.

msniq

Belladonna said:
usually I buy about 8 0z ( half a lb) It was suggested that 6- 8 ozs is usually enough.You can ask them to blend two textures. For instance :wet and wavy with a body wave or straight to get a good mix.

good thanks for the info but one more thing. I am getting either 14 or 16 inches. will that mean i need more hair as far as oz/lb 's. I am going to talk to her today but I am thinking too much about it and that is causing all the questions!

This is my first sewn in one. Thanks