How much MSM???

mlgreen

I'm looking to try to take msm since you all seem to be having accelerated growth with it. How many mgs should I take a day to get results? I'm considering purchasing the 1000 mg Puritan's Pride brand. I know they make good biotin pills, but how are their MSM pills? Thanks in advance

elaine

I just added MSM to my vitamin regimine. I take (3) 1000mg of OptiMSM from a brand called Wild Oats. I have been taking it for 3 weeks now and someone looked at my hair at work and said "Dang, where did all of that hair come from all of a sudden?" I usually roll my hair pretty tight when rollersetting. It has also made my new growth more manageable. I am in my ninth week of relaxer (I usually have to go five weeks) and my hair does not look that bad. Good luck!!

Nonie

[ QUOTE ]
How Can I Tell If a Product Is Made with OptiMSM?
Simply look for the bold OptiMSM logo on the products you buy for assurance you are getting the original patented, tested, and licensed MSM. The logo may be found on the front or the back of the packaging. Optimal Health Concepts only sells products with OptiMSM™.

[/ QUOTE ] Taken from: http://www.intohealth.com/what_is_optimsm.html

PP's MSM has the GMP logo which is a certificate of quality and which was awarded to the company that makes OptiMSM so ya never know.
After all, the quote above says the OptiMSM logo is for assurance so maybe its absence isn't proof that you're not getting OptiMSM.

Isis

Also, someone mentioned here that Lingisul, which is in my NOW brand of MSM, is the same as OptiMSM and has the GMP logo. It also passed the purity test.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
elaine said:
I just added MSM to my vitamin regimine. I take (3) 1000mg of OptiMSM from a brand called Wild Oats. I have been taking it for 3 weeks now and someone looked at my hair at work and said "Dang, where did all of that hair come from all of a sudden?" I usually roll my hair pretty tight when rollersetting. It has also made my new growth more manageable. I am in my ninth week of relaxer (I usually have to go five weeks) and my hair does not look that bad. Good luck!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you take your 3000 mg of MSM at once or spread out over the day?

elaine

I take 3 in the morning. I haven't had any negatives effects. the only thing I don't like is shaving my legs more than twice a week.

Nonie

I do. I take my MSM powder in orange juice. That's the only way I am able to take it without gagging.

Britt

Nonie,
I recently started to take my MSM with Vit. C capsules. I am hoping for better absorption. Maybe if my MSM absorbs better I will get better even faster results. I take the powdered capsule form not the powder.

Isis

Oh well, I think I can handle it. As long as hair doesn't start growing where it wasn't growing before!