How Often Do You Moisturize Your Ends?

mrsbookworm

I am new to the LHCF board and am trying to figure out a regimen and plan for getting my shoulder length hair to brastrap length by 2007. How often do you moisturize your ends? Do you also moisturize the rest of your hair and your scalp at the same time? What type of moisturizer do you use?

rdm

I alternate between NTM leave in and Kera Care leave in. I always put a sealant on top of the leave in. I usually use something like NTM Healing Serum. I only moisturize my ends. My scalp is oily so I dont put anything on it.

Oh...to answer your question. I do this every day.

And welcome!!!!

Isis

I use Constant Care for Ends (Wanakee line) on my ends in the morning and again in the evening. It keeps my ends smooth, conditioned and moisturized.

Since I wash and condition every 3 days or so, my hair stays pretty much moisturized. If necessary, I started using just a little of Nexxus Humectin Extreme Moisture Conditioner on the rest of my dry hair to moisturize.:)

navsegda

mrsbookworm said:
I am new to the LHCF board and am trying to figure out a regimen and plan for getting my shoulder length hair to brastrap length by 2007. How often do you moisturize your ends? Do you also moisturize the rest of your hair and your scalp at the same time? What type of moisturizer do you use?

Hey, welcome! :) I moisturize my ends at least twice a day (sometimes more if I'm in the mood). I love Garnier Length & Strength Anti-Split Ends Treatment. It's a great moisturizer for the ends (as well as the rest of the hair). When I moisturize the ends, I usually moisturize the rest of my hair too (sometimes I like to use a little of the Garnier Length and Strength Fortifying Cream Conditioner as a moisturizer and it works wonders, too). I seal in moisture with Dabur Amla Lite oil.

deontaer

As soon as I get up in the morning...as soon as I get home from work and right before I go to bed.:) (I over kill on moisture)! I keep my hair in a bun and phoney pony so I use Elastas H-12 Moisture spray to spritz my hair without alot of manipulation and just pull the tail of my bun up and spray that down and put either NTM Silk Touch or Organics liquid mayonaise on the ends and put it back in a bun. Oh yeah, I also put a sandwich bag on my bun when I wear the phoney poney so the cap doesn't rub against my real hair.

Last edited:

Wishin4BSL

When I wear my hair down, I may moisturize and seal my ends up to three times a day. When it's in a bun, I moisturize and seal once at night and once in the morning.

I moistrise twice a day, in the morning and the evening. I use Olive oil moisturiser(bottle) and seal my ends with Elasta QP mango butter.:)

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
profective breakfree and profective healthy ends..sealed with castor oil. i do this once a day and then cover my ends with a baggie.
my ends have never looked or felt better.

MissB

I try to do it daily as well with Keracare creme hair dress in the morning and with Mizani Night time treatment in the evening. A serum like Joico or Deep Brilliance is good for this as well.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I had to change my regimen a little since my summer routine wasn't working anymore in this cold weather :perplexed but in answer to your question I moisturize my ends twice a day, once in the morning and again before bed. I use Aloe Vera Gel to moisturize and seal with Blended Beauty Curl Styling Butter.

On my daughter's hair I moisturize with Qhemet Honeybush Hair Tea or Olive Cream Detangler and seal with Amla Olive Heavy Cream. I only moisturize her hair once a day since she won't sit still long enough for me to do it more often. :lol:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I moisturize daily when using water-based moisturizers like QP Mango Butter and ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion or similar products.

However I've found that the Qhemet Biologics Sidr Tree Butter Balm keeps my ends moisturized for up to 2-3 days before I use it again. I LOVE IT!

thefineprint

I have been moisturizing my hair once a day but I'm going to change it to twice a day. last night and this morning i tried moisturizing with Cantu's Shea Butter Oil Moisturizer and sealed with jojoba oil. my hair feels soft this morning so this may be a keeper

Welcome :wave:

I moistuirze twice a day as soon as I get up and as soon as I get home. I use Elasta QP Mango Butter on 3/4 of my hair shaft focusig on the ends.

MzOptimistic

mrsbookworm said:

Welcome mrsbookworm (I'm a bookworm too) anyway I moisturize my ends daily and rebaggy. I moisturize my hair everyday in the mornings and again at nite when I apply profective healthy ends or elasta qp on my ends and seal with kemi oyl and rebaggie. I never oil my scalp my vitamins are taking care of that because my scalp is always moisturized and my ng is soft so I don't moisturize my scalp. I use NTM silk touch leave in, Profective Megagrowth hair lotion, or vitapointe:) It depends on my mood:) HHG

mstee eyes

mrsbookworm said:

Hi and welcome to the board:)

I moisturize my ends every day with ORS and I seal with EVOO and Coconut oil, I don't oil my scalp everyday because it is already very oily.

HTH!

Happy Growing:grin: :grin:

A_Christian

I moisturize my ends every 2 to 3 days. I use various products including Decca Plus Satin Pomade which helped me to reach my longest length so far back in middle school and high school.

I aslo use leave-in conditioners (Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner and Design Essentials Leave-In Conditioner), Oils (BBD Keala Oil, KeraCare Essential Oils, Design Essentials Botanical Oils, Jojoba Oil etc.), and other Products like Kids Organics Hair Lotion etc...

Although I don't use just one product to moisturize my ends I try to ensure that my ends never get dry to the point of causing breakage, usually it's time to re-moisturize after 2 or 3 days.

I rarely put anything on my scalp but when I do it's usually Peppermint Oil or Asha's Roots to stimulate Hair Growth and to relieve an itchy scalp.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I do it almost daily. I spritz my ends with my homemade tea concoction then I use Whipped Soy Jelly from myhoneychild.com (ingredients: Soy Butter, Aloe Butter, Raw Honey ,Fruit Enzymes, Soy Bean Oil, and White Ginger Essence Oil) since it's not too greasy. It doesn't get on my clothes or my linens. :)

princesslocks

For now I moisturize my ends at least 2x per day with a cheapie conditioner like (Suave/V05) and I seal it with EVOO/Coocnut Oil.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I moisturize and seal all of my hair daily but not my scalp. I use QB Heavy Cream to moisturize and coconut oil or Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade to seal. I use castor oil on my ends a few times a week.

LovelyLionessa

I moisturize my ends 1x a day usually at night before setting my hair for bedtime. On occaison if I wear a bun during the day, I might apply a oil based moisturizer to my ends first. My favorite products are Vitapointe and Silk Elements creme leave-in and I usually seal with any one of my oils such as, Wonder 8, Kemi, or Amla oil. I typically don't put anything on my scalp unless it's itchy and dry, then I'll apply some oil. I focus my moisturizing on my ends and lightly oil the length of my hair.

Last edited:

loonatick

i moisturize my hair and ends daily sometimes twice a day, but i might be naughty and miss a day sometimes if im really busy, but i usually make up for the loss of moisture over the next few days. i also seal with castor oil

nelli711

If I am wearing a phony pony, I normally just use Scurl and seal with some type of oil and cover my ends with a baggie until the next wash. If I wear a bun, I spray my hair with Dove Replenishing Mist and one of my moisturizers and seal with my ends with oil or avocado butter 2 times a day.

ChasingBliss

I moisturize my ends, nape, and hairline twice a day. When I take showers every day, I always let the water hit those areas (nape and hairline) when washing my face and neck, so there is never a build up...

nycutiepie

I usually moisturize 2x per day with NTM or BB Castor Oil Moisturizer and then seal with an oil. At night I sometimes use Profective Healthy Ends and then seal. I was using Jojoba to seal but I started using Castor oil about a week ago.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I moisturize my hair every night before I go to bed. I apply it near the scalp and then comb it through to the ends. Right now, I'm using Profectiv Breakfree and sealing it in with Kemi Oyl.