How often do you moisturize your hair?

How often do you moisturize your hair to prevent dryness?

• Once a week

Votes: 26 4.7%
  • Twice a week

Votes: 54 9.7%
  • Once a day

Votes: 263 47.1%
  • 2 or more times a day

Votes: 194 34.8%
  • other (please explain)

Votes: 21 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WorkInProgress88

it depends on the state of my hair, sometimes i have to moisturize twice a day and sometimes i can get away with moisturizing every other day.

India*32

To be honest, I need to moisturize more often. Currently I'm wearing my hair pressed and because I don't want it to revert I only moisturize with my olive/coconut oil mix and a little bit of kinky curly leave in. I do it maybe 3x a week.

I love your hair. I'm newly natural twa and I'm working on finding a moisturizing treatment. I'm using NTM and seal with Vatika. I think I need NTM at least twice daily. What kinky curly leave in are you using.

:bdance:

beans4reezy

Three times a day (sometimes more) with no exceptions. My hair is very dry and keeping it moist is a priority.

winnettag

I went with "other".

I tend to moisturize every other day when I apply my growth aids, but I should really do it every day. It's been dryer than I'd like. :sad:

Qurlyqt

I voted once per day because that is the usual. However, there are times when I moisturize twice a day because I usually braid my hair before going to bed (1-5 braids depending on how tired I am). Because my hair is in a bun a lot, I use Scurl to moisturize my edges before applying IC gel. If my hair is loose during the day, I ALWAYS moisturize at night with shea butter and seal with castor oil.

Normally I moisturize once a day but sometimes when my hair is really dry I will moisturize once in the morning and once at night before bed. And times when my hair seems to be retaining moisture well I skip a day. So I just look to my hair and moisturize as needed.

yardgirl

I moisturize twice a day. The best product that's given me good moisture is Organics by Africa's Best Shea Butter and Tea Tree Oil Moisturizer. Nothing beats that for me. NOTHING!

fyb87

Most of the times I moisturize once a week. Eveery now and then twice a week. I'm natural and my hair is healthy and I haven't had any moisture issue thus far. Also, my conditioners, leave-in's and styling products are moisturizing in themselves. I truly think this prevents me from having to moisturize so much.:grin:

ETA: I deep condition a minimum of once a week with a moisturizing conditoner with castor oil and honey added to it for even more moisture..

Last edited:

isabella09

I moisturize once a day but sometimes I became a little lazy which leads to me doing it once every other day. I use Qhemet Biologics Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm and Qhemet Biologics’s Burdock Root Butter Cream then seal with a mixture of black Jamaican castor and jojoba oil.

25Nona

I voted twice a day, I do it in the morning when I upwrap and style my hair and at night before I wrap it up with my silk scarf.

Lucia

I know that keeping the hair moisturized is very important when it comes to hair care. How often do you moisturize your hair and what products/technique do you use? I have been on this board for about three years and I am just now getting the hang of how to keep my hair moisturized. At first I would apply a moisturizer maybe a few times a week and wondered why my hair always felt dry and hard. I would take some moisturizer, rub it through my hair one good time and be done. Now I apply a moisturizer 2-3 times a day by parting my hair and moisturizing the hair and scalp. I never kept my scalp moisturized and now I see that it is a very important step. I like organic root stimulator olive oil hair lotion, it is so rich and not too thick.

I do realize that every bodies hair is different and some don't need as much moisture as often as others, so I would like to know how you ladies keep your hair moisturized.

I moisturize daily sometimes 2x/day if my hair already absorbed the product. I use co-washes oils, condish, coconut or monoi oil, when straightened I co-wash less often

Last edited:

Sapphire_chic

twice a day with a spray bottle thats 90% water 10% conditioner. my hair gets drrrrry :)
i use a leave in once a week and seal with castor oil a few times a week.

asummertyme

Prolly 1-2 times a day depending on how it feels..i use anything that moisturizes it..hairveda hydosoft to bonner brothers caster oil cream..

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I'm natural, and I moisturize everyday. I do not want to give my hair the chance to dry out.

Me to. I'm texlaxed but I don't give my hair a chance to dry out and split so I miosturize once a day and seal once if I've been bunning but twice if my hair's been out all day.

JMH1908

I moisturize on a daily basis..but sometimes I will put a little extra oil on the ends at night especially if I've been wearing it out...

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
When I first joined the broad I was moisturizing 2 twice a day. I had extremely dry hair and didn't have the knowledge like I have now. But since I have a steady regime I only moisture once a day. Learning about Porosity and protein levels have really cut back on my moisturizing.

LaToya28

I moisturize once a day with my Design Essentials, Mizani, or Jane Carter Solution moisturizer. I seal with JCS Nourish and Shine or Mizani serum.

melodies815

With shea butter, it depends for me. If I keep my hair twisted, I don't have to put additional moisturizer in at all. Once I take it down, every other day works well.

I'm natural.

cj

chebaby

i moisturize my hair 2 times a day. not because i have to but becasue i like to moisturize before i climb in the bed. but since i've started using shea butter im sure i can go 2 days or more without moisturizing. but i also rinse my hair daily in the shower.

I just recently started a new moisturizing routine but so far this is what I do,
1. spritz hair with my "umhmm moisturizer" (concoction I created)
2. apply a moisturizing cream (Nuetrogena Triple Action daily deep conditioner or Soft Sheen-Carson shea Roots of Nature butter green tea)
3. apply a oil to seal the ends
4. apply a butter

I do this because I have really really dessert dry hair. And so far this has worked wonders.