How often do you moisturize your hair?

How often do you moisturize your hair to prevent dryness?

• Once a week

Votes: 26 4.7%
  • Twice a week

Votes: 54 9.7%
  • Once a day

Votes: 263 47.1%
  • 2 or more times a day

Votes: 194 34.8%
  • other (please explain)

Votes: 21 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RockCreak

I usually moisturize once daily.....shea butter and evco... actually... that's all I've been putting in my hair especially since I'm transitioning

sonialena

I moisturize my hair every 2 to 3 days in the shower with a gentle shampoo, conditioner, and a leave-in conditioner. Lately I'm using Kinky-Curly Curling Custard so I don't do anything on my non-rinse days, just fluff it up and go.

My hair is natural, 3C/4A-ish.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Right now since I've been avoiding heat straightened natural hair, I've been moisturizing every night before twisting my hair and going to bed. When my hair was straightened, I wouldn't moisturize at all to avoid frizz and reversion.

MizzCoco

I moisturize once a day, then seal with EVOO/amla oil. If my ends were really protected well during that day, I might skip the moisturizer. I don't like to weigh my hair down too much

amwcah

I usually moisturize twice per day, but when I'm really busy or exhausted I may not do it at all.

Esq.2B

I haven't been moisturizing at all lately. :look: My hair stays moisturized after my DC, leave-in. Also, my hair is fine and I don't really like the weighed down feeling that sometimes come from moisturizers. I may have to suck it up and start moisturizing again though because the weather is getting too cold out there.

Nya33

I moisturise twice a day and seal with coconut oil. With our weather and central heating, my hair needs more moisture.

teacherjess

I moisturize anywhere from every other day to 2x per day. It all depends on how my hair feels. When between a fresh relaxer and 8 or 9 weeks post, I use whatever moisturizer I have on hand. Between 9 and 14 weeks post, S Curl applied to the new growth & ends is a MUST. I seal with JBCO and I also oil my scalp lightly with it after each shampoo. I try to find that balance between my hair feeling on the dry side and over moisturized & limp. When I do, my hair just feels soft and silky.

panama_princess6

I do it once a day... lately i have been wearing twist outs so i put some Long Lovely Locks Coco Light and seal with Olive Oil/ Clove Oil and then at night i massage my scalp with some more of the olive oil clove oil and put on a scarf.

Tif392002

I moisturize my hair at leat 1-2 times daily...first i mist it with a leave in conditioner, then use shea butter or coconut oil... My edges are very weak from damage, might do them 2-3 times daily.

LushLox

I moisturize twice a day. The best product that's given me good moisture is Organics by Africa's Best Shea Butter and Tea Tree Oil Moisturizer. Nothing beats that for me. NOTHING!

I've just started using this, just put some on now. I'm liking it so far, but I can only use a little bit as it's quite heavy, it'll probably be better for me as I progress deeper into my stretch.

I moisturise twice a day and seal with coconut oil. With our weather and central heating, my hair needs more moisture.

Yeah for real, and I had the nerve to wear my hair out today just because we had our Xmas party - and I had no hat either. :ohwell: That's it now though, my hair will be bunned through this winter and protected with a hat, it's much too cold. That snow was fierce today! :nono:

Nya33

It was your party let your hair down lol.
Seriously though the snow today was brutal. I had a half wig, scarf on top then a hat but still was like my hair!
I just ordered jbco so will try sealing with that in the new year.
I've just started using this, just put some on now. I'm liking it so far, but I can only use a little bit as it's quite heavy, it'll probably be better for me as I progress deeper into my stretch.

Yeah for real, and I had the nerve to wear my hair out today just because we had our Xmas party - and I had no hat either. :ohwell: That's it now though, my hair will be bunned through this winter and protected with a hat, it's much too cold. That snow was fierce today! :nono:

tash85

ditto on the UK weather, not exactly the best conditions for moisturised hair.

I moisturise once a day with a homemade leave-in (herbal essences hello hydration, one tablet of MSM dissolved in water, coconut oil and olive oil), spirtz with a little rosewater mixed with gylcerin and seal with a small amount of olive oil.

Doing wonders for my hair at the moment!

Nya33

I can believe that you have beautiful hair tash. What product are you using from the HE HH range for youq leave in mix?

ditto on the UK weather, not exactly the best conditions for moisturised hair.

I moisturise once a day with a homemade leave-in (herbal essences hello hydration, one tablet of MSM dissolved in water, coconut oil and olive oil), spirtz with a little rosewater mixed with gylcerin and seal with a small amount of olive oil.

Doing wonders for my hair at the moment!

tash85

I can believe that you have beautiful hair tash. What product are you using from the HE HH range for youq leave in mix?

I use the moisture and shine conditioner in the blue bottle. Its very good and smells beautiful.

off topic but I can't remember who it was that I robbed the cholesterol hair conditioner from at the meet up, was it you by any chance (i cant put lhcf names to real people)?

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I moisturize my hair twice a day (morning and night) and seal with coconut oil before bed. I will also baggy my ends if I am not wrapping my hair or doing a braidout at night as well. My ends LOVE the baggy method.

Nya33

Thanks for that i use that condish for my co-washes it is yummy.

OT- lol you didnt rob from me! How you finding it?

I use the moisture and shine conditioner in the blue bottle. Its very good and smells beautiful.

off topic but I can't remember who it was that I robbed the cholesterol hair conditioner from at the meet up, was it you by any chance (i cant put lhcf names to real people)?

Sade'

I need to moisturize more BUT it takes away from my daily style b/c I like to wear my wrap down. If I add any oil to my scalp or hair the body and bounce is gone. What's a girl to do.

goodmorningruby

Right now I'm trying to take my moisture from DCing, and so far it's been good since I corrected my porosity. But I don't have a set schedule for moisturizing, except on every wash day (at least/usually once a week). And I moisturize aside from that as needed. I do it in sections concentrating on ends, NG and edges.

Americka

I used to moisturize every day which resulted in greasy, weighed down hair. Now I moisturize only when needed in those areas that need it. I dc every time I wash, so my hair receives a lot of moisture on wash days.

Last edited:

Ronnieaj

It really depends. I put down once a day because I'm normally in twists and that's what I do. Because of some tendinitis issues, my hair's been out much more than normal because I can't twist it. When I use Qhemet's AOHC, I can do every other day. If I use BRBC I need to use it nightly. By and large though, it's once a day.

tash85

Thanks for that i use that condish for my co-washes it is yummy.

OT- lol you didnt rob from me! How you finding it?

It's actually really good! I used it to deep condition with (along with my ORS and Creme of nature) and it made my hair so soft! I'm not really feeling the ORS anymore so I think I may be moving on to the cholesterol every now and again.

Thanks! I probably never would have gone out and bought it to try otherwise!